What's new

Bigfoot Fact or Fiction

Bigfoot: fact or fiction

• Fact

• Fiction

• Art is Bigfoot

• Deep down, Phil Really does Believe !!!!!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I can't say I'm a believer, but someone I'm close with--a very skeptical, rational person--told me a story very similar to the OP:

They were hiking in the Northern California woods 2 years ago, had a sudden, surreal feeling of being watched, the hair on their neck stood up on end, then they smelled what they called the worst smell they'd ever encountered. Said it was "absolutely putrid." I asked if it could have been a skunk, but they've been sprayed before + said this was something else.

About that time they noticed that all the ambient noise had stopped, no birds, insects, anything. They panicked and ran back the way they had hiked.

What was it? I don't know, and they openly admit they don't know. But it makes you wonder. I do have to say this person is about as down-to-earth as I've ever met. For me, the kicker isn't the silence or the smell but the running....you'd have to know this person, but for them to turn + sprint because of a weird feeling....I don't know. I'm certainly not saying Sasquatch is real. But it is unusual.

In the deep ocean, or in a remote forest in the middle of nowhere, sure. Continental united states? I don't think so.

We're not talking a new species of frog here, something small that most people wouldnt notice.

There is nothing that can convince me, short of a body, that there is a breeding population of large apeman running about in the woods when there is 0 evidence to confirm (eyewitness testimony is interesting, but not evidence. Im talking actual evidence here). How many hunters roam about the states that would shoot one if seen, how many people have gone hiking in the forest and never stumbled across one that has died of natural causes, how many of every other animal has been hit by a truck crossing a road - but never a big foot has been found.

Seriously guys, this is like the easter bunny - awesome story, very cool folklore, but as fictional as the tooth fairy.

I Agree with Mr. Dunn, Bigfoot is not real

But yowies are.

The lack of carcasses is the biggie for me...in all this time not one single Bigfoot died and left bones that got found? I'm a southern boy and have spent more time in the woods than most, and I've found bones of deer and rabbits and skunks and dogs and foxes and coons and everything else...but no one has EVER found the bones of a large hominid that has obviously been here longer than people have? Not one coon dog ever dragged home a leg bone or skull that would have seemed weird? Not one ever got hit by a car at night on a lonely country road? Not one heavily armed Cajun ever surprised one headed for his deer stand? Or eating the corn he was using to spotlight deer?

Sorry, can't buy it.

I'd LOVE to think they were here, I really would.
But they're not.

The lack of carcasses is the biggie for me...in all this time not one single Bigfoot died and left bones that got found? I'm a southern boy and have spent more time in the woods than most, and I've found bones of deer and rabbits and skunks and dogs and foxes and coons and everything else...but no one has EVER found the bones of a large hominid that has obviously been here longer than people have? Not one coon dog ever dragged home a leg bone or skull that would have seemed weird? Not one ever got hit by a car at night on a lonely country road? Not one heavily armed Cajun ever surprised one headed for his deer stand? Or eating the corn he was using to spotlight deer?

Sorry, can't buy it.

I'd LOVE to think they were here, I really would.
But they're not.

Maybe they bury their dead just like we do?

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Phil I may have said this earlier......you can be replaced.

Patterson Gimlin film all the evidence of Chad in his Pleidian form we will need.

Seriously is it real? I think so.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Phil I may have said this earlier......you can be replaced.

Patterson Gimlin film all the evidence of Chad in his Pleidian form we will need.

Seriously is it real? I think so.

Just good natured ribbing Scott. :lol:
This has been a fun thread.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
The Patterson Gimlin film

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrtdL6Jz13Q&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

The Patterson Gimlin film broke down.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbYKFc7bKR8&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

It just hit me...the total lack of recipes for Bigfeet in Southern cookbooks is nearly positive proof that they do not exist. If they did, there would be Bigfoot knuckle stew, Bigfoot Sauce Piqant, Chicken Fried Bigfoot.....

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
It just hit me...the total lack of recipes for Bigfeet in Southern cookbooks is nearly positive proof that they do not exist. If they did, there would be Bigfoot knuckle stew, Bigfoot Sauce Piqant, Chicken Fried Bigfoot.....

I am in the Florida Pan Handle or LA depending on what you want to call it. You may be right. I have had grits but no bigfoot meals.

Are you serious? I was at a Bigfoot Pickin' last week. A good vinegar-based sauce, coleslaw and hushpuppies is all you need to make a great meal of it. Can't be beat. Except maybe by a Nessie fry.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Every time one of those commercials come on my wife always says to me.....theirs your buddy.:confused1

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I've got just two words to say;

Bob Heironimus

Isn't it just a tad bit odd that Patterson set out to make a Bigfoot documentary and just happened to get this footage?

Isn't it a bit odd that Bob Heironimus admits to being the man in the suit, and is actually shown on film in reel 2 of the Patterson Film? (parts of the original uncut film were made by Patterson from atop Bob Heironimus horse.)

Isn't it a bit odd that Patterson "couldn't remember" the frame rate he used when making the film, and that if the film is shown at the rate of 18fps instead of the assumed 24fps the gait of "Patty" seems very humanlike?

There have been just as many "scientists" who have called the film a hoax as there have been hopefuls who try to make it match reality.

The truth is, we'll probably never know exactly how that film was made, but the existence of that film does nothing to address the fact that there has been no evidence whatsover to support the idea that there is such a creature living in the wild.

And we don't just accept that fantastic creatures exist in this world without some type of evidence. - otherwise, "There be dragons".

Top Bottom