What's new

Bic Metal?!

Having tried Dorco/Atra (Dollar General), Trac II, Schick Xtreme, BIC Sensitive and, of course, Gillette Sensor, I find BIC Metal to be the best answer for a travel razor.

I can only find them online, Swanson Vitamins and Amazon are my best sources.

Besides, what else can you buy that you really like that's made in Greece (excluding olive oil)?

Seeing that your in Boston you may want to go to the "Christmas Tree Store" at Assembly Square Mall in Somerville. They sometimes have them there plus they also carry a nice selection of shave items.

I use them or the Bic twin with 2 blades since they do a good job and are easy to travel with. As someone said earlier you don't shed a tear if you forget them in the motel room.

As far as a good travel razor goes, there is a decent vintage alternative -- the wilkinson bonded. Handles and carts are easy to find on that popular auction site.
-- Chet

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/261082
I found this single blade metal disposable made by Kai last time I was in Nagoya. Picked some up in a convenience store. I wish now I had bought a big sackful of them because they are excellent travel or guest razors. I can only imagine that the metal Bic would be nearly as good, and I will keep my eye out for some.

I just tried the Bic metal for a head shave this morning. Worked quite well. Razor was light and it took away the stubble nicely. I will probably use it for three head shaves and toss it.

Best disposable I have ever used. I used them exclusively in the 90s. Then they weren't carried anymore in my area and I went to the Gillette Sensor.

Of course, I should have been using Safety Razors all my life. I blame my father - he was a Sensor user as well...

Still loving the Bic Metals!!! Disposable, junk, whatever, it is a fantastic razor that can fill in for your safety razors or stand on its own. In 20 years of using them, I've never had a bad shave with one...wish I could say that about all my razors!

I wondered what the selling points are. This medical supply site lists the features:

Wow, I remember that commercial!

proxy.php

Seems to have been around a while, according to these commercials:

I have a package of these in reserve. Gotta give 'em a try.
My cart razor got misplaced recently, so it may present an opportunity next time I travel or am rushed.

Before I switched to DE i used the Bic sensitive disposables. Good razors and much better than the 3 to 5 blades monstrosities. IMO anyway. I imagine the bic metal is similar.

I have no desire to go back though. DE is a better shave and more environmentally sound.

Just found this old thread tonight.
I want to say that these disposables were very good razors. I always got great shaves from them... much better than the Bic sensitives. Stores around me don’t seem to carry them anymore but I may order some from online. Great razors.!

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Just found this old thread tonight.
I want to say that these disposables were very good razors. I always got great shaves from them... much better than the Bic sensitives. Stores around me don’t seem to carry them anymore but I may order some from online. Great razors.!
I use them as a travel razor when flying. If I must use a disposable then I prefer a single edge, non swivel head, as I think it helps to maintain DE technique. Bic Metals are the best I have tried, by a long way. No sign of them locally but I can get them online. Quite expensive by disposable standards.🙂

Top Bottom