What's new

Best talcum powder for men?

I use fresh balls for my under carriage. Works wonderfully. Goes on as liquid but dries to a silky powder.
proxy.php
I'd never heard of this until I saw your post, and decided to give it a try. It does work great!

A man hasn't lived until he has felt the sensation of Gold Bond Classic spray on the undercarriage :001_302:
I keep Pinaud at home so I can use it for haircuts too.

I use Anti Monkey Butt Powder for the undercarriage. I does a much better job at preventing chafing and sweating down there when I ride my cruiser in the hot months.

proxy.php

The best talc powder I've tried is Men's Anti Monkey Butt! They make a Women's Anti Monkey Butt and a Baby Anti Monkey Butt powder but all are different formulas to fit each need. I've been riding bicycles for years and always struggled with the problem of butt sweat and butt chafing, but this has seriously helped me so much. It has calamine in it so it moisturizes too, that's what set it apart from the others I'd tried. They make it in travel size too so it's perfect for when I go on vacation and need it Anti Monkey Butt products for Men - Anti Monkey Butt

My favorites are Pinaud Clubman or Ammens, Anti-Monkeybutt is pretty good as well though. I usually just use a store brand these days. I like Shower to Shower but they have the worst packaging I could possibly think of without including spring loaded razor blades so being out in the sticks I usually just use whatever brand Meijers or Walmart package up.

Clubman has been my favorite. Got a bottle of the new Clubman Reserve Whiskey Woods. I love the scent. It's corn starch based instead of talc though if I remember correctly. Has been working well in the winter months... will have to see how it holds up this summer.

I used to use clubman talc a great deal, but the drug stores around me only sell the pink variant. I left too many pink powdery footprints on our bathmats, so I exclusively swear by Gold Bond extra strength. Great cooling powder with no pink mess.

Gentlemen, STAY AWAY FROM TALC IT - DOES CAUSE CANCER
I work for a law firm that has thousands of cases against talcum powder maker J&J the science is beyond any doubt that it causes ovarian and other such cancers. Now the science is not there for men but I say STAY AWAY from it.

Do men really need to worry about ovarian cancer? If I recall from my boyhood school days, I did not think men/boys had ovaries...unless something has changed since then. :001_302:

Do men really need to worry about ovarian cancer? If I recall from my boyhood school days, I did not think men/boys had ovaries...unless something has changed since then. :001_302:

Like I said just because there is no conclusive science YET that talc may cause some other type of cancer in men does not make me sleep better at night. Since it does cause a cancer in women I am not punting that on my body. But that is just me - you can do whatever you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like I said just because there is no conclusive science YET that talc may cause some other type of cancer in men does not make me sleep better at night. Since it does cause a cancer in women I am not punting that on my body. But that is just me - you can do whatever you want.
What is the exact transmission mode for the Talc to reach the ovaries? Now if real research showed it produced Cervical cancer or vaginal cancer I might be a believer. The talc would need to do some serious travelling to reach the ovaries. Up the vaginal canal, through the cervix, up the Fallopian tubes to the ovaries. I would think a link to lung cancer is more believable.

Clubman Talc is the way to go.

Dan

Dan,
Just do some google searches if you are interested in mechanics of talc and cancer in females. Also worth a look are some of the multi-million settlements reached in cases against J&J. Trust me J&J would not pay that money if there was no proof. There are plenty of safe ways to keep your butt dry.

I don't make light of cancer in anyone male or female. My grandmother and mother both had breast cancer. My aunt died from leukemia. But getting cancer from talc has not been proven yet.

The big award in Los Angeles was set aside by the judge who nullified the jury saying the plaintiff didn't prove talc caused the cancer. The other 3 wins are being appealed. So Johnson & Johnson hasn't paid out yet.

The reason the attorneys went after talc was not because it might cause cancer but because it was similar in nature to asbestos which has been proven to cause cancer. Get 12 people who know nothing about talc and a good lawyer says it's the same as asbestos and there you go. a big verdict in their favor.

Taken from the Web.

"Talc powder is a household item, sold globally for use in personal hygiene and cosmetics. Suspicions have been raised that its use contributes to certain types of disease, mainly cancers of the ovaries and lungs. It is classified as a group 3 agent in the IARC listing. Reviews by Cancer Research UK and the American Cancer Society conclude that some studies have found a link, but other studies have not.

The studies discuss pulmonary issues, lung cancer, and ovarian cancer. One of these, published in 1993, was a US National Toxicology Program report, which found that cosmetic grade talc containing no asbestos-like fibers was correlated with tumor formation in rats forced to inhale talc for 6 hours a day, five days a week over at least 113 weeks. A 1971 paper found particles of talc embedded in 75% of the ovarian tumors studied. Research published in 1995 and 2000 concluded that it was plausible that talc could cause ovarian cancer, but no conclusive evidence was shown."

So in conclusion, talc used in moderation and common sense probably will not cause ovarian cancer. If you breath it in over a long period of time it might cause lung problems, but so will air pollution.

Dan

Hold the phone! Talc could follow the trail and give us men cancer in the jewels. Just never know, I'm sure some slick lawyer could convince 12 numskulls that it's possible. :idea:

Top Bottom