What's new

"best" shaving cream

I am partial to GFT Coconut. The scent isn't overbearing and it outperforms all of my other soaps and creams time and time again.

I have acquired about 20-23 over the years, Many of them I have used once and never replaced as there is so much stuff out there to enjoy and to try. I am a great fan of Trumpers and in particular T&H 1805. However the only tub I have ever replaced was the Crabtree and Evelyn sandalwood, I simply adore this cream. It probably doesnt appear in anyone's repeat order list as the more established manufacturers have their share of the market, but for me it's the best one out there.

As I stated in another thread here:

My best bang-for-the-buck cream is Palmolive for men Classic with palm extract.

Musgo Real is tops for me, and delivers the kind of slick lather that I usually get from soaps. Castle Forbes is also quite good, but is a shadow of Musgo.

My go-to cream is Castle Forbes - either the lavender or lime. Great protective and moisturizing qualities and great scents too. It's the only cream I use with my most aggressive razors. Yes, it's expensive, but a little goes a long way (it's a cross between a croap and a cream). Runner-ups are Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet and Endymion. Honorable Mention to QCS's Lavender cream (croap).

Bio Palmyra, Gentlmens refinery , Nancy boy, Edwin Jagger

hard to choose!

Well, just new to all this but I've managed to try in no specific order: GFT violet, TOBS rose and Ingrams. The first two are fabulous scents and I manage to face lather each of them no problem at all. The jury is still out on the Ingrams but I do love the menthol and the very cheap price. The TOBS rose is a fantastic scent and works so well that I question the value of the GFT violet cream - slightly more expensive for a tube of the GFT that's half the size of the TOBS tub. Maybe I'm just too much of a tight-fisted Scotsman!

However, its great to read all of the above and to learn the opinions of those who have been doing this for years. Much needed education.

Nice avatars you both have - I feel inspired :biggrin1:

An update.....

My Top 30 of my best creams currently are:

1. Acca Kappa 1869 Pot
2. Acqua Di Parma pot
3. Floris 89 tube
4. Santa Maria Novella pot
5. Castle Forbes Lavender pot
6. Musgo Real - all 6 scent variants
7. TF&H Ultimate Comfort
8. GFT Coconut
9. O Melhor
10. Castle Forbes Lavender
11. Penhaligon Endymion
12. Penhaligon Opus 1870
13. TF&H Rose
14. GFT Almond
15. I Coloniali Rhubarb Silver
16. AOS Lavender
17. AOS Sandalwood
18. Castle Forbes Lime
19. DR Harris Almond
20. Penhaligon Blenheims Bouquet
21. Lavanda
22. Top Secret & Veleiro
23. La Toja Sensitive
24. TOBS Jermyn Street
25. TOBS Avocado
26. GFT Sandalwood
27. AOS Ocean Kelp
28. DR Harris Windsor
29. Proraso Red & Proraso Green
30. DR Harris Arlington

I have probably forgot some, but these are my current favorite creams of the ones I own - but as said I only own 3-5 sub par creams, all are of very high quality, but these 30 are my top picks :drool:
Next on my list is to purchase some eShave creams - they supposedly should be very good creams.......

Geo F. Trumpers - pick your favorite scent... mine is Lime. It isn't like a Castle Forbes 100% lime EO that smells like you're squeezing a lime on your face, but a nice clean fresh lime scent that smells like shave cream should...

Castle Forbes Lavender by miles and miles, followed then by Nancy Boy (any scent at all).
Whatever comes in third place is too far behind NB to be recognizable as a thing.

Top Bottom