What's new

Best Shavette for professional use?

Hi gents,

I'm looking at starting barber school by the end of November.

I have a kit that I'll be working from, but would like to buy a shavette for use in the shop as an upgrade to the one in my kit.

I've shaved with straights, and shavettes before with success, but I'm wondering if there are any pros out there, or anyone with opinion towards the better options.

I've tried a hair shaper style razor, and the parker as well. I have yet to try the Dovo.

The Feather is a nice option to have for a full shave, but the blade cost, and need to stock more than one blade makes it cumbersome.

There is some merit in going to a slightly longer blade with the dovo, but it's the same issue.

I'm leaning towards the parker as I've had good like with it, and was happy with the smoothness.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Ryan

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
I've only tried the feather AC and I like it, but for pro use the blades would get pricey.
[MENTION=15435]gary haywood[/MENTION] is a pro barber, maybe he'll drop by and offer his opinion.

I'm not a barber, but the folks at IBC come from that background and make a pretty decent shavette that can use half DE, injector, and Feather AC blades. It cost more than a Parker, but it is build like a tank and is all metal and a great shaver. Check out their web site.

Wow I like that a lot. Cheaper than the Feather but looks really well built. With the flexibility of using all the major blades. I could use DE blades for hairlines and beard trims and keep feathers in stock for straight shaves.

Thanks!

The Monsieur Charles is a good option too. The hair shaper blades would be a bit more solid for full shaves.

I would take a look at the Monsieur shavette. It is about $30 and takes mini Hairshaper blades (injector blades) that run about $6 for 20.

Personna Monsieur Charles No. 800 Razor

Review Request: Monsieur Charles Razor Disposable

the only problem with the monsieur shavette is it doesn't have full blade exposure it would be like a traditional straight razor with only the front half of the blade sharpened and the back half dull. you can only shave with the front of the blade you won't be able to use the heel of it. I do think it's very good for shaving necks it also has a very good balance as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom