What's new

Best low cost blade?

For me, blades are inexpensive compared to other aspects of DE, especially when purchased in bulk.

My current top blades (in no particular order): German Wilkinsons, Personna reds, Personna labs, Astra SP, GSB, and Nacet. YMMV for sure!

I bought 100 Astra SP blades for $10.70 tax included at a brick and mortar shaving supply store near me. These are one of my top 3 blades.

I have seen Shark SC blades for $8 for 100 on a couple of sites. Not my very favorite but I like them.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
For me, Gillette Wilkinson Sword from India. But they seems to be a pretty polarizing blade; guys either love them or hate them.

This. Gillette Wilkinson from India. Back when I was shaving It was cheap and great!

Depends what do you cosinder cheap, for example I like white platinums, pack of 5 cost 1.7$ in my local market, german wilkies 1.4$ for a pack now these are localy available and I think price for white platinum is to expensive over the web.

But overall I think best bet is Astra, to me quite similar to white platinums and very cheap. I'm not a big fan of buying in bulk more than 50-60 blades but if I can trade/sell/split the pack of 100 with someone else why not.

So my vote goes to Astra

proxy.php

Personna Crystals have worked best for me. $13.13 for 100, including shipping, on eBay. Sharp and smooth.

If you are going for blades that are closer to 10 cents apiece then I think Voskhod wins it hands down. You can usually get a 100 pack for about $10 to $12. They may not be the sharpest blade...but they are one of the smoothest.

Normally I really like Dorco ST-301. Just bought another 100 and the wrapping is different. Still work well but don't last as long as the last 200 that I had. Now I will toss them after 2 shaves instead of 6, but at 4 cents a shave it is still pretty cheap.

I have got on well with Voskhod, Rapira and Ladas. Ladas slightly edges it compared to the other two Russian brands in my experience.

Ladas were the first ones I ever bought 100 of but can't find them now. Really worked well for me.

Top Bottom