What's new

Best low cost blade?

I guess that this depends on what you consider low cost. I love German Wilkinsons but they are on the pricier side.

For me, low cost would be around 12 cents per blade or under and therefore I'd pick Voskhod or Ladas blades.

(In this huge YMMV area) Silver Star are the best low cost blades I've used so far.
upload_2017-2-12_5-28-53.png

Recently I have started using Shark super Chrome blades after a long time with them just gathering dust and I must say, I am impressed...sharp and smooth...and inexpensive!

Derbys arent bad either. You can get a 100 count for about $8. Personna Blues are good too, you can usually get a 100 pack on Amazon for $12, which comes out to about 8 cents per blade.
Im personally partial to Personna Blues. I like that theyre made in the USA, theyre good quality and theyre pretty cheap. For me, at least, they perform as well, if not better than any other blade Ive tried.

Voskhod, Shark Super Stainless, Gillette Wilkinson Sword (India). I'm sure there are many more great low cost blades, but these I've used and I know that they can often be purchased for less than 10 cents per blade in quantity.

For me, Gillette Wilkinson Sword from India. But they seems to be a pretty polarizing blade; guys either love them or hate them.

I have got on well with Voskhod, Rapira and Ladas. Ladas slightly edges it compared to the other two Russian brands in my experience.

Are you looking at cost per shave or cost per blade? Cost per shave depends on how many shave you can have with one blade, while cost per blade depends on market price at the time you acquire.

Some of the best value "daily beaters" I've found are Rapira, Sharp Star, Voskhod or Ladas blades - if you buy enough packs of 100 from most of the Russian eBay sellers, they give some very generous combined shipping discounts which brings the unit price per blade down to about 7c - just to sweeten the deal, they often toss in a few loose blades as a free gift.

The Turkish eBay sellers often sell some very reasonably priced blades too - one of the best I've tried are Racer Super Class Platinum - made by Lord - I can get 4 good shaves per blade and I paid about €9 for 100

A lot of the Indian sellers offer good deals on Gillette 7 O'Clock Permasharp Stainless (Green) - typically around €12 for 100 blades

Probably the best deal I've seen for "nice" blades is 100 Silver Star blades, made by Lord in Egypt for export to India
I picked up 100 blades for less than €8 - I can get 4 good shaves per blade
proxy.php

100 PCS SILVER STAR SALOON PROFESSIONAL RAZOR BLADES 2 edge safety razor blade | eBay

The best deal I've seen on "daily beaters" is 150 Zorrik Tavlar for less than €11
I can get 3 acceptable shaves per blade
proxy.php

150 x zorrik talvar by super max safety RAZOR BLADES *double edge HERBAL EDH | eBay

IMO pretty much all DE blades are very low cost if bought in bulk in comparison . Even the most expensive options will still work out to be very cheap per blade.

Astra SP
$10 for 100, and I can easily get 30 head shaves plus whatever percentage of of my face I'm shaving out of 1 blade.

For me, Nacet are the clear winner IF you buy in bulk. Currently on ebay 400 blades are $39.99 delivered, so 10¢ per blade. No other 10 cent blade I've tried comes close.

Top Bottom