What's new

Believe it, or not...

great story even if it is full of it. working in the gold dollar was as creative as your work. outstanding razor work as always. tom

Seraphim-san, you did well.

I have heared about this Master before.
The legend has it that he forges these razors in the same forge that has been in his family for 66 generations.
It's allegedly located not far from Mount Dremelato, near high RPM-creek.
The fire in the forge has been burning since early 1300's & must constantly be feed cheap plastic scales by a virgin that has been spun counterclockwise under the full moon.

I never tire of seeing what will come next.
I am waiting for the day I see a Gold Dollar become a pair of scissors or something.

Kneel !
Well Craig Now I bestow upon you the Honorary title " Knight with a Gold Dollar"

Rise Sir...... Craig

(That GD Kamisori is really masterpiece as well the small story. Thanks for sharing )

And, dang, man. The heel and point would be murder without a Master Shaver-san at the helm. Thems are some spike points if'n I ever seen one.

Do I see in the last pic you asymmetrically-ground that razor, or did it come that way?

Last edited:
I always get a kick out of your posts, Seraphim. Well done. One of these days I'll be buying one of these elusive and rare Gold Dollars from you.

And yes, I asymmetrically ground the razor. I also asymmetrically honed it as well. You can see the bevels are much broader on the back side that they are on the front.

Spike points serve no useful purpose.

Purpose=Revenge ;-}

Interesting blade. What is this Gold Dollar thing everyone is talking about?

BTW: Love the way you mocked it up - I had to do a double take before I saw what you did.

Last edited:
I never tire of seeing what will come next.
I am waiting for the day I see a Gold Dollar become a pair of scissors or something.

All you have to do is ask....

Attachments

• $scissors.jpg
    $scissors.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 89
I feel like the slow kid. Everyone else is laughing at the joke and it has to be explained to me several times then I finally join in the laughter after everyone else has moved on.

Yes, I just realized he is the anonymous "master" and he turned a golden dollar straight razor into this new creation. Wow, he has quite the talent.

Top Bottom