What's new

BEAUTIFUL Pre-War Gillette Tech

This post is just to admire a 1940 Gillette Tech that I saw up for auction recently. The auction is closed (So im good within the ToS), but just take a look at the condition of this awesome piece. I wanted to win it, but it went WAY too rich for my blood ($99 final bid). Take a look at the pictures below, and let me know what you think!
1385131585920d8.JPG
7877091585920d8.JPG
25302681585921d8.JPG
31368211585920d8.JPG
38021511585922d8.JPG
62791071585921d8.JPG
89982071585921d8.JPG
94960721585921d8.JPG

That is very nice. Love the tweed cases. Very sporting.
Couldn't agree more! It looks like it was packed away in a box somewhere and just donated without looking at it first. The condition of the entire set is nearly perfect!

The mighty Tech, one of my favourite vintage Gillette razors!
Im still looking to add one to the rotation. I really am intrigued by the pre-war years. Something about knowing that it was made before the country entered the last great war is just something to behold.

Im still looking to add one to the rotation. I really am intrigued by the pre-war years. Something about knowing that it was made before the country entered the last great war is just something to behold.
The Pre-War Tech's are good little robust shavers. Keep patient and look around those antique shops something will turn up.

I saw a couple of these a few months ago in a local antique store. I think they were asking about $40 each. I don't know if they were pre-war or post-war (I didn't know as much about these things back then) and I don't remember the condition of the cases. I may have to go back out there and see if they're still there. I thought at the time, that $40 was way too much for a Tech (at least for me), but if they're pre-war and the cases are in relatively decent condition, I might want to re-think that.

If they are still there, maybe I can negotiate one of them down a bit...

Better luck next time @BigSpivito!

I have recently learned to appreciate Tech razors, they are a great razor. I still don't think I could part with $100 for one even in that great condition.

I saw a couple of these a few months ago in a local antique store. I think they were asking about $40 each. I don't know if they were pre-war or post-war (I didn't know as much about these things back then) and I don't remember the condition of the cases. I may have to go back out there and see if they're still there. I thought at the time, that $40 was way too much for a Tech (at least for me), but if they're pre-war and the cases are in relatively decent condition, I might want to re-think that.

If they are still there, maybe I can negotiate one of them down a bit...

Better luck next time @BigSpivito!

Yes they are still out there. Here is my $15 find from last summer...an excellent travel razor.

IMG_0288.JPG
IMG_0287.JPG

Last edited:
Fat Handle Techs are one of the best razors Gillette ever made! Congrats on your score!
Here's a picture of one I recently found in mint condition.
tmp_4125-20170131_190155123206763.jpg

Fat Handle Techs are one of the best razors Gillette ever made! Congrats on your score!
Here's a picture of one I recently found in mint condition.
View attachment 764033

Yours is beautiful. I only wish I could have won that one. The price jumped really high, and it got out of reach very quickly.

Happy Shaving
-Chris
US Army Veteran, Foxhole Shavers Club Member

Top Bottom