BBQ Smokers

Discussion in 'The Mess Hall' started by jay22w, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Any other BBQ Pit smokers out there? My father in law gave us a pit for Christmas.I have always used a gas grill previously, but really enjoying the smoker.
    Planning my 4th off July menu now.

Pork Ribs
    Pork Shoulder
    Split Chicken Breasts & Thighs

Have only used it a couple of times and it has turned out great.. just wondering how many other's have experience. Bring on the recipes, suggestions, thoughts, etc..

2. ouch

ouch Moderator Contributor

Thin. Blue. Smoke.

3. I'd suggest you start HERE It's a sticky at the top of the page.

4. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Enjoying reading through all of the posts. Looks like we have some great cooks on here.

5. Do a little "cross scoring" on that shoulder and it will look like a real professional did it! Everyone will be impressed. Good Luck!

6. I have a Weber and my go to place is virtualweberbullet.com. Lots of recipes and cooking instructions. It is really geared toward water cookers but still has useful information

7. Jim

Jim Moderator

Don't forget to post up your photos of your cook!

8. $photo.jpg
    Here are some baby back ribs I made recently using a recipe from the website I mentioned earlier. Best ribs I ever had. Pretty sure I'll never be able to order ribs at a restaurant and not be disappointed.

9. Good looking ribs! The WSM's are just fantastic smokers.

10. Jim

Jim Moderator

Isn't that the truth!

11. ackvil

ackvil Moderator Contributor

Right on both points.

Thanks to the folks here I started smoking and am really enjoying it. Love to drive my neighbors crazy when they see the smoke and aroma coming out of the smoker!

12. Happy 4th of July!
    Meat prepped and on the smoker.
    $DSC_0056.jpg $DSC_0057.jpg $DSC_0058.jpg

13. Sometimes you try and see just how big a piece of meat you can cook.

Attached Files:

14. eightysixCJ

eightysixCJ Contributor Contributor

Oooo. Time to revisit a post your cooker thread...:biggrin1:

Nice stuff!

Tom