What's new

Badger Blends: Your Homemade Aftershave Mixes

I call this Azul Glacial:

2 parts Master Blue
2 parts Crusellas 1800 Natural Cologne (Kolonia 1800 Natural)
1 part Osage Rub

Ad Astra

The Instigator
This continues to be intriguing ... agree that 4711 is a valid component; more AS than cologne.

What WOULD you call VIBR+Tabac? ... tempted to try that.

And again all those Crusellas Kolonias are fair game for the B&B Jekyll n' Hyde Laboratory ... something great must result.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Whatever you think; I didn't think of that one! and still have to try it.

Got plenty of Tabac, though.

AA

Stumbled on one today by mistake, but WOW... IS IT AMAZING! I put on Tabac, then got distracted and left the bathroom. When I got back I grabbed my 4711 and Florida Water and applied liberally. Then I realized... I had already used a small amount of Tabac. Smelled my hands and realized that these three work very well together. The Tabac is mellowed, and I think the 4711 and Florida Water are enhanced and the longevity of the 4711 and FW, imho, is increased.
Of course I really love my 4711 and FW so I may be a bit biased.

not an original, one of bootleggers this morning: English Leather, Classic Vanilla and Special Reserve. I love this smell.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
not an original, one of bootleggers this morning: English Leather, Classic Vanilla and Special Reserve. I love this smell.

I just finished taking out my spring and summer aftershaves and storing my winter and fall aftershaves. I mixed up a fresh batch of Bootlegger's El Dorado also, to refill it's bottle and store and let it age until fall.

Gene Autry would of used El Dorado. :)

I splashed on some Clubman Vanilla a few minutes ago, and as I put the bottle away I saw the Aqua Velva Musk and thought they might be good together. Splashed on a bit and the blend is fantastic! No measurements or anything, just a quick pour of each. The Manilla Velva.

What would we call a Vanilla Lilac Vegetal blend? The Vagilla?

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I splashed on some Clubman Vanilla a few minutes ago, and as I put the bottle away I saw the Aqua Velva Musk and thought they might be good together. Splashed on a bit and the blend is fantastic! No measurements or anything, just a quick pour of each. The Manilla Velva.

What would we call a Vanilla Lilac Vegetal blend? The Vagilla?

I hope not. That reminds me of ... *something else* ...

ahem. I mixed Osage Rub and Lilac Vegetal to make Frozen Veg.

not claiming it was a good thing, however.

AA

I sometimes mix a splash Pinaud Clubman and a small amount of Dove post shave balm.. It smells exactly like clubman, but doesn't leave your face feeling as tight/dry. Awesome for the winter. I guess you'd call it ClubDove?

While we're at it, I do the same thing with Barbasol's pacific rush.. I call it smooth sailing.

A kick in the cuts:
100ml Captain Morgan Spiced Rum (Or Kraken Spiced Rum - Especially Kraken Black if you want some ladies)
100ml Johnnie Walker Blue
50ml Vodka, if you're feeling fancy use Vodquila if you can get it.
30ml Sake - Gekkeikan is my recommendation, as it gives the aftershave a syrup consistency.
10g of Cloves
3-5 Bay Leaves
2 Cinnamon sticks
A single sliced up Aloe-vera leaf (Only if you like, not required)
Half a teaspoon of Glycerine

Blend everything, then add the cinnamon ticks into an airtight container and let it sit in a cool dark place for 5-14 days, depending how scented you like it.

And then strain through a whisk, then pass through 2-3 coffee filters, one at a time.

Last edited:
I did try mixing Brut with a bit of Vetiver EO. Tip one, it takes very little of the EO to make an impact. Once balanced, it's a better basenote for Brut than before.

Just mixed up a small batch (around 2oz) of orange spice (1 part Florida water 2 parts old spice). Smells delicious! Going to give it a test run soon. Thanks for all the recipes on here, hopefully I can come up with something and share eventually

Top Bottom