What's new

Badger Blends: Your Homemade Aftershave Mixes

I have 6oz of Wild Country I took a wiff of it when I came home and hit up a splash of Citrus Musk with Family Dollar Spice....going to have to compare to Clubman original now. Not a huge fan of powder either - thanks KJ.

ZergoZatgai has a thread where he describes something he called Orange Spice. It's a mix of (roughly) 1 part Florida Water and 2 parts Old spice. It's amazing how strong Florida Water is as a scent, it really takes a lot of spice to be noticeable. I've mixed some witch hazel in with mine, and it's now a regular go-to AS for me.

I'll have to try that. I was looking for something without menthol to blend with Florida water.

I was putting a few drops in witch hazel, helps kill that "old person smell" of the wh. Stuff is potent though, not sure I'd ever want to use it anywhere near full strength.

Quick question. I'm interested in making several of these and for a few of the recipes it calls for just Aqua Velva (Blue Steel in particular). Is this the Aqua Velva Original Sport or is it the Ice Blue? Reason I ask is that the only Aqua Velva around me I can find is Ice Blue or Musk. Its looking like I may have to order the Ice Sport in order to make the Emerald Spice (and potentially the Original Sport as well).
Thanks!

3 parts Pinaud Clubman Bay Rum
1 Part Pinaud Clubman Musk
Adds a slightly sweetish element and reduces the burning sensation

This weekend I dropped a couple menthol crystals into a bottle of Avon Brisk Spice (Cold Spice?) Used it for the first time this morning. Very nice.

This weekend I dropped a couple menthol crystals into a bottle of Avon Brisk Spice (Cold Spice?) Used it for the first time this morning. Very nice.

Not sure that qualifies as a blend. But spiking AS with menthol is always good!

So, I have been wanting to do this for a while and I think it worked out okay. I think I want do a little more experimenting with it but this is what I have so far...

Two parts Thayer's Peach Witch Hazel
One Part Florida Water (I used Murray & Lanman Florida Water)
Add a few drops of Glycerin for taste (I don't suggest drinking this concoction)

I am calling it a Fuzzy Navel...

I am also thinking of adding a couple of menthol crystals and calling it a Frozen Fuzzy Navel Daiquiri. I am also thinking of adding some Aqua Velva Musk and see how it turns out.

So the Fuzzy Navel creation goes on smelling almost exactly the same as Florida Water. When it dries down, I smell the peach in it. I think I will test it out a couple of days this week and report back.

By the way...Happy Easter all you Badgers! :badger:

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
So, I have been wanting to do this for a while and I think it worked out okay. I think I want do a little more experimenting with it but this is what I have so far...

Two parts Thayer's Peach Witch Hazel
One Part Florida Water (I used Murray & Lanman Florida Water)
Add a few drops of Glycerin for taste (I don't suggest drinking this concoction)

I am calling it a Fuzzy Navel...

I am also thinking of adding a couple of menthol crystals and calling it a Frozen Fuzzy Navel Daiquiri. I am also thinking of adding some Aqua Velva Musk and see how it turns out.

So the Fuzzy Navel creation goes on smelling almost exactly the same as Florida Water. When it dries down, I smell the peach in it. I think I will test it out a couple of days this week and report back.

By the way...Happy Easter all you Badgers! :badger:

This actually sounds kinda cool. More Peach, less FW! :) 3:1 for the win!

50/50 VIBR + Tabac =don't know a good name for this, but it smells great
50/50 4711 + Florida Water = Napoleon on the beach

Top Bottom