What's new

Badger and Blade Ink ..... update post 382***

BTW, what is the converter used for? I'm in over my head, aren't I?

-jim

Some models of pens allow for ink cartridges to be used, which means that once one runs out you just pop another in. A converter allows the pen to be used as a more "traditional" fountain pen that is refilled from a bottle.

I'm in for two. And of course, some shaving gear (Wee Scot and Tabac). These AD's seem to complement each other. My poor wallet . . . .

-Jim-

I'm in for a bottle and a pen. Thanks to all who put this together. It's for a great cause and helps hook us pen newbies also.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member

-jim

The pen is made overseas so it's in metric, but the ink is made in the USA so it's in imperial ounces. You need to convert the fluid oz to milliliters for the pen.

The pen is made overseas so it's in metric, but the ink is made in the USA so it's in imperial ounces. You need to convert the fluid oz to milliliters for the pen.

Oh thank goodness. I'm glad that metric flash-in-the-pan stuff never caught on here. Will it convert gills to scruples?

-jim

-jim

Humorous answers aside, the converter allows you to fill the pen with bottled ink. Without one, you would have to use cartridges (which, themselves can be filled with bottled ink if you have a syringe but it's not as neat).

In for pen & ink! This's wonderful...I've got a friend who's been trying to get me into fountain pens, so I'd been looking for a starter pen anyhow.

I'm in for a bottle and pen. I just hope I don't end up with another AD! Anyway, thanks to those who put this together--and it's for a worthwhile cause.

That's not what I wanted to hear! :) Yes, please, if it is not too much trouble I would appreciate a scan of a writing sample from the pen.

Here you go. I didn't realize that the pen in the group buy is a medium nib. Mine is a fine nib and i like it a lot. It's a great little pen to throw in your pocket and not have to worry about it getting dinged up.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom

Doc4 . . . our US buddies have no idea about what imperial ounces are or what a pint is. . . For some reason the measures in the US are just a tad smaller.

Top Bottom