Badger and Blade Ink ..... update post 382***

Discussion in 'The Nib' started by Jim, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Jim

Jim Moderator

:a50:Think Ink For Pink!:a50:

:a50:
    Well IT's finally here!​
    :a50:

No, it's not BrianW doing the dance of the seven veils,:a30: We are pleased to announce the long anticipated B&B Ink!

The Ink is called 5 O'Clock Shadow
    5O'CS is a deeply pigmented black with shadings of grey and green. This ink is entirely appropriate for business, yet has personality to it.
    The ink is formulated by our friends at Noodlers and is near bullet proof, It comes in 3 oz bottles.

$badger LABEL.jpg

Here is what a some of our testers said about 5 O'clock Shadow:

Scans of the ink are located HERE

Now we at B&B could just distribute this ink and we could all enjoy it, accept the many compliments it will no doubt engender, but hey, that's not how we roll here at the B&B...

That's right Badgers. When you think Ink. Think Pink. So, for every bottle sold of this phenomenal ink, a portion of the proceeds will go to the Susan G. Komen Foundation. We here at B&B continue our commitment to help find a cure for breast cancer in memory of one of our own, Sue Moore.

So don't miss out on a chance to let your Five O' Clock Shadow help the Susan G. Komen Foundation find the cure. And that's how we roll.
    $breast_cancer_pink_ribbon_c.jpg

[​IMG]
    As a Convenience for our members who may not have a fountain pen yet, we have sourced a very nice pen to compliment this ink, the Platinum plaisir pen with converter for 20.50 with a B&B ink purchase. Order HERE

The group buy is now closed! Ink availability is limited to what is on hand at WCS. THANK YOU!

This ink is being crafted now, we are accepting orders HERE through our friends at West Coast Shaving. The cost is 12.50 per bottle.
    We expect the ink to ship in 21 days to WCS for distribution.​
    $Finger_Pointing_09.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2017
  2. Cool! First! haha

I would like to order, but can't add the pen to the cart.

Also, is shipping included in that price, or is WestCoastShaving handling all shipping, so shipping is normal...I'm fine paying for it, just want to know. Thanks!

3. bbarton713

bbarton713 Contributor

Ordered 2 bottles!

I love the artwork and can't wait to load this into a pen! :w00t::w00t::w00t:

4. Way cool. Not a color for me though.

5. Very nice indeed.

6. Jim

Jim Moderator

Man, you guys are fast... The shipping is not included in the cost,the pen will be sorted out forthwith! Thanks for just a little more patience.

7. Woot! Just ordered me some Five O'Clock Shadow!

8. Gotta keep you on your toes, Jim!

I will order a bottle and a pen, when I can add both to the cart...maybe I'll order something else while I'm there, too...I really want another new brush (don't I always, though?).

9. SmoovD

SmoovD Contributor

Nice. This doesn't count as a shaving purchase, right?

10. Another question, though I think I know the answer based on the price...does the pen have any B&B markings or anything? I'm guessing you would have mentioned it, but just a thought that popped into my head. :biggrin1:

11. Dave258

Dave258 Moderator Emeritus

Just ordered 2 bottles of 5 o'clock shadow! Now to wait for delivery...

12. Ordered!

13. I love that logo. The Platinum pen are also very nice for the price for anyone who doesn't have a pen yet. Needless to say, I ordered a couple bottles!

14. Jim

Jim Moderator

No this is not a B&B branded item, we just wanted to provide a pen that, while a few steps above a starter pen, is still a lower cost option.

15. maxman

maxman Moderator Emeritus

In on 2 bottles.
    Is this the only production run of this ink?
    DO I NEED MORE ?!!??!

16. I have the same questions! usually Nathan makes more ink as it sells. Hopefully this is a "Legal Lapis" type deal where he continually makes more.

17. Uh Oh.....
    No..No..No not a new AD!

18. The pen is available!

19. OK, just checkin'. The Platinum Preppies and Plaisir are great inexpensive pens, for sure.

I like the M nib better than the F, too...The Medium is nice a smooth, the F is a little scratchy for me.

In for a pen, a bottle, and some other stuff while I was there.

20. letterk

letterk Moderator Emeritus

Sorry gents. I forgot to flip the switch on the pen when we went live this morning. All should be ok now.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011