What's new

Bachelor Party Cigars

Hey everyone. In a couple months I'll be attending a bachelor party for one of my friends, and have been tasked with bringing cigars. I was hoping to get some recommendations. I want something that's nice but not super expensive. The groom is quite experienced with cigars, so I'd prefer to get a good one rather than a mediocre one. That being said, many of the groomsmen probably won't be that experienced, so I don't want something that'll knock them off their feet.

I'm in Canada and getting vendors to ship up here can be dicey. I have had the best luck with Absolute Cigars, so a cigar carried by them would be preferred. That being said, if others have had good luck with other sites shipping to Canada, please let me know.

same as above. Also don't hesitate to get a pricey single for the groom (find out his favorite) and cheaper box for the party.

Recently I've been purchasing cigars on-line from an Ontario shop and they carry Cubans and Non-Cubans. I've been buying singles of different varieties to test them out. They have a number of cigars in the $3.50 to $50.00 range and some have reviews with ratings. I don't know if I can publicly add a link or name in this forum but if you want to PM me I can point you to them. Their shipping is very fast. I've ordered on a Friday and received my package on the next Tuesday, so they are quite well stocked. Oh, they also carry boxed quantities at slightly better prices.

Merk

I'd prefer to stay below $30/cigar, but I'm hesitant to put a strict budget on (if you have something at $40 that's the best thing you've tried in your life I'm open to hearing about it). Depending on attendance and who smokes, somewhere between 5-7 cigars.

Merk - I will PM you, that sounds very interesting.

Check out cigarbid.com. You can get some good sticks at good prices, especially with some time to work with. That's what I did for the birth of my kids.

For a very specific answer to your original question....get 2 of these five-packs from a vendor you know at about 12.50 each plus shipping and you will be a hero. Guaranteed.

No. 4 - 5 Pack

For $30 a stick you can get just about whatever you want. There are many outstanding cigars out there for less than $10 a stick that any cigar aficianado would enjoy. Don't equate price with quality when talking about cigars. There aren't that many out there that cost $50/stick.

I'd recommend an Opus X for the groom and Chateau Fuentes for the rest.

Macanudo Robusto might be a good alternative.

Remember to bring stick matches and a good set of cigar cutters.

Thanks guys, these are some great suggestions. I'll read the reviews for all of them and let you know what happens. Still open to more suggestions of course :001_cool:

I second the Opus X for the groom. If you can't find one a Padron 1926 80th Anniversary will also be welcomed with a big grin and bulging eyes. Alpster made a fine recommendation as well. You want the groom to know you did your homework, and these brands are more than just a fine smoke. They make a statement, and say you cared to give him the best.

For the others that don't regularly smoke cigars, stepping down to a medium body smoke might be a good idea. Don Pepin Series JJ are fantastic at less than $10/ea and won't leave them wishing they had something lighter. You don't want the boys getting a nicotine overload. As mentioned, price doesn't always equate to quality. Pepin is a world reknowned cigar maker, I think the JJ is one of his best and I've smoked a truckload of them all. Great flavor and a body they can handle without feeling sick - it happens!

Top Bottom