What's new

Australian Traveling Box No.5!

Good stuff mate!

Looks like we have a nice lineup gents. I'll keep this open til 5pm Sunday 3/3/12 AET and hopefully have it in the mail and off to the first recipient on Monday. Can all those gents that want in PM me their details as per the rules, and on Sunday I'll randomise the names to come up with the list.

Cheers!

Good stuff mate!

Looks like we have a nice lineup gents. I'll keep this open til 5pm Sunday 3/3/12 AET and hopefully have it in the mail and off to the first recipient on Monday. Can all those gents that want in PM me their details as per the rules, and on Sunday I'll randomise the names to come up with the list.

Cheers!

I presume you mean Sunday 4/3/12 as in this Sunday as in B&B BBQ in Canberra Sunday?

I presume you mean Sunday 4/3/12 as in this Sunday as in B&B BBQ in Canberra Sunday?
...Oh god, please tell me I did not screw up and decide to go back to sydney on the same weekend?

Edit: I did. :thumbdown Sorry guys, that was pretty stupid on my part.

Last edited:
Ok Gents,

Applications are closed and will be finalised shortly. Before the box kicks off I need everyone to PM me their information please (I'm only waiting on a couple).

According to the magic of the randomiser, the box will first visit:

Mark1966! then all stops to me again, via:

Dr Berko
LR09WA
Nosedog
Tasmonk
Badger&Bengall
Stuart12dz
Lexbomb

As soon as I get the required info, the box will hit the road!

PM sent. Thanks again for organising this.

Cheers.

Ok Gents,

Applications are closed and will be finalised shortly. Before the box kicks off I need everyone to PM me their information please (I'm only waiting on a couple).

According to the magic of the randomiser, the box will first visit:

Mark1966! then all stops to me again, via:

Dr Berko
LR09WA
Nosedog
Tasmonk
Badger&Bengall
Stuart12dz
Lexbomb

As soon as I get the required info, the box will hit the road!

@David, no kiss from the postman, rather an invitation to collect your fine article from the depot! Once again, many thanks for your fine contribution and letter it was much appreciated. All items will go straight in the box and I am exited to try them out as I haven't used the cream and the soap puck before.

@Mark, definitely no kiss - perhaps a handshake?? :lol:

Handover will occur Tues morning gents, then let the mayhem begin!

Good to hear that the parcel arrived. Enjoy this round of the box- we will be eagerly awaiting your reports.

I'm growing increasingly curious about what's in this box! I'm excitedly looking forward to the first recipient's reveal.

Well I've got it!

In true Canberra style Brendan and I had to meet for a coffee, discuss politics, careers, house prices, Sydney and bike paths, oh, and a little about shaving stuff. So a mini CCU (that is Canberra Catch Up to those outside of town).

So the box (crate?) is sitting ready for me to open and reveal its contents after dinner. I've never been first but I think I may only provide details of what I use - to keep some secrets for subsequent recipients. I'm sure there will be lots of fun though!

@ Tasmonk - I'm such a tease I know!

Well, here I am ready to update the thread now that Mark has the box (crate :lol:) but he beat me to it!

My thanks to everyone that signed up to play, and also to David, who once gain, went above and beyond to contribute some new software to the box.

I've also been informed that Nosedog will not be able to receive the box until a later date, so he has asked me to move him down the list. Thus the new order is:

Mark1966
Dr Berko
LR09WA
Tasmonk
Badger&Bengall
Stuart12dz
Lexbomb
Nosedog
BJH618 (me)

I must say I'm glad this round has finally kicked off, and now I can just sit back a wait for the reviews!

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Well, here I am ready to update the thread now that Mark has the box (crate :lol:) but he beat me to it!

My thanks to everyone that signed up to play, and also to David, who once gain, went above and beyond to contribute some new software to the box.

I've also been informed that Nosedog will not be able to receive the box until a later date, so he has asked me to move him down the list. Thus the new order is:

Mark1966
Dr Berko
LR09WA
Tasmonk
Badger&Bengall
Stuart12dz
Lexbomb
Nosedog
BJH618 (me)

I must say I'm glad this round has finally kicked off, and now I can just sit back a wait for the reviews!

Put the list in post 1 as per usual...

Well, well. A few nice surprises in the box and a few old favourites. It certainly has grown since last I saw it, I think we do need to take stuff OUT if we put stuff IN. i'll be leading the charge in that respect.

So this morning I grabbed the Speick cream. I've used the soap stick and A/S before but not the cream. The first thing I noticed was the lavender - very different smell to the usual Speick signature aroma. The lavender was a nice, authentic smell though, very natural, not some fake attempt at lavender so quite nice.

The cream itself lathered well and worked well on my face. It was a fine cream but not quite as good as the soap IMHO. There are certainly creams out there I would consider 'better'.

I finished off with some of my Lucky Tiger A/S as I knew that it faded quickly. I wanted to try the Pashana Original EDC without a strong A/S interfering. I've been wanting to try the Pashana A/S for a while so this was the next best thing!

The Pashana EDC is 'intended for use on both hair and skin in the old barbershop tradition' -I just stuck with the skin!

Billed as a 'refreshing blend of fine essential oils including Oils of Orange, Lemon and Rosemary' I'd heard that Pashana has a reputation for staying power. This is certainly true but in a good way. It was not overpowering but lingering for a lot of the day - which I like. I'd certainly like to try the A/S now and see whether Pashana is a must have long term.

A good day one!

Top Bottom