Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
proxy.php

Razor: Dovo Silver Steel
Prep: Hot shower, Fresh Aloe Vera
Cream:Trumper's Violet applied over Aloe
Scuttle: Dirty Bird
After: Thayers Rose Petal Which Hazel
Then once again the pulp of the Aloe Plant.

proxy.php

Tuesday, 08-03-10.

Soap from Marseille 72% Palm oil - Rooney 1/1 best badger - Gillette Aristocrat #58 - Red Personna #1 - Pre Proraso - Col Conk Almond shaving soap - Alum block - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASL Physical + ASB Sul Filo del rasoio.

proxy.php

This shaving soap for me is a very good stuff, I really like it. I get a creamy and protective leather, the blade slides very well and the scent is really sweet; when I use it I feel like a child eating cakes or ice-creams (hot summer here). The balsam made by Proraso is very good for the skin, you can feel how it repair your face; not oily at all.

Madame Scodiolo Laudanum soap
Muhle acrylic
EJ89L
Alt Innsbruck

Karl Erik sandblasted
Samuel Gawith Squadron Leader

Tuesday:

Dovo 5/8 special
Shavemac 21mm finest
QED Sandalwood and Rose :biggrin1:
Floid Italian

Greaves 6/8 : B&B Essential : Penhaligon's English Fern

Pre-Shave: Hot shower + Stephan's Smooth Conditioning Shaving Creme
Razor: 7/8" vintage Friodur #17 Stainless Inox, Spike Point
Brush: 23mm Savemac Silvertip
Überlather: AOS Lavender shave creme + Mama Bear Almond soap + squirt of glycerin
Astringent: Thayers Witch Hazel
Post-Shave: Trumper's Sandalwood Skin Food
Facial Moisturizer: Dr. Hauschka's quince creme
Cologne: Penhaligon Blenheim Bouquet
Result: I decided to use my Friodur #17, which was purchased from Greg (aka, olafurson - Thank you Greg). After honing/polishing this puppy, the shave I received was ultra smooth. This blade delivered on its promise and left nothing to disappointment.

View attachment 116455

Have a great Tuesday guys :001_smile.

Razor: Dovo Silver Steel
Prep: Hot shower, Fresh Aloe Vera
Cream:Trumper's Violet applied over Aloe
Scuttle: Dirty Bird
After: Thayers Rose Petal Which Hazel
Then once again the pulp of the Aloe Plant.

Tuesday, 08-03-10.

Soap from Marseille 72% Palm oil - Rooney 1/1 best badger - Gillette Aristocrat #58 - Red Personna #1 - Pre Proraso - Col Conk Almond shaving soap - Alum block - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASL Physical + ASB Sul Filo del rasoio.

This shaving soap for me is a very good stuff, I really like it. I get a creamy and protective leather, the blade slides very well and the scent is really sweet; when I use it I feel like a child eating cakes or ice-creams (hot summer here). The balsam made by Proraso is very good for the skin, you can feel how it repair your face; not oily at all.
Outstanding gentlemen!! :thumbup:

Gillette NEW / Feather
Shavemac #177
P.160 "Tipo Morbido" Shave Soap
Witch Hazel
SCS "Sandalwood" Aftershave Splash

'41 Ranger Tech
Vintage Durex Blade("A post war shaving development" from the box! Seemed fitting for the razor!)
Col Conk Boar Brush
TBS Maca Root Shave Cream
My personal aftershave mix

1 wtg, 1 atg= DFS!!

Tuesday

5/8 Air Brand
Cella soap
Vulfix No.5 pure bristle
Alum block
Gillette Series AS Balm
Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

Tuesday:

Gold Dachs SS
Vie-Long brush
Kyle's prep
Black handled Superspeed w/Crystal (4?)
cold water rinse
Walgreen's AV Clone
Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree EdT as scent

Proraso pre
EJ BBB
Omega sc
R89 with Israeli (4)
Aveda asb
GFT cologne

3 great shaves in a row from this cream/razor/blade combo. Don't see any reason to change it for now :)

SOTD Tuesday August 3, 2010

Razor: 6/8 Bengall Full Hollow Spike Point
Shaving Cream: Erasmic
Lather Bowl: Ceramic
Scuttle: RAB Ceramic
Brush: Col Conk Barbershop Badger
ASB: Nivea Replenishing
Aftershave: Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum

Great shave this morning with the Bengall thanks to Sir Ralfy and his sample pack of shaving creams! Tried the Erasmic this morning and now I can see why so many are loving it so much! It literally exploded into thick rich lather and provided great cushion and glide during the entire three pass shave. I had a ton of lather left over from the same amount I usually use. I like the scent of it as well. I went back into the shave den (bathroom) a couple hours later and I could still smell the scent of it. Can't wait until tomarrow to try the next sample shave cream. Late post today because my internet was down for about a day. Trying to play catch-up right now. :biggrin1:

Gem Featherweight with CVS (1)
Vie-Long 13710C Boar
Island Soaps Eucalyptus Lime Sage SS
Original Skin Bracer

Finally got a shave-worthy lather from this soap.:biggrin1:
Unfortunately, it was totally unstable and by the end of the pass had mostly disappeared.:angry:
Still came out of the experience with a very respectable DFS.:thumbup1:

Well... a milestone shave for me. Close to two years after picking up my first straight razor, I decided to learn how to hone. And seeing as how my first straight razor hasn't been honed since I bought it, it seemed poetic that it should be my first.

So here, you have it, my first shave with my first razor, product of my first honing. Robert Klaas 11/16 "AM":

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom