What's new

Attn Newbies - Wan't some really great gear?

What is fundraising raffle, and how do I contribute?

$Contribute.jpg

There is a contribute button at the top of the page.

Last edited:
New enough to still be sporting my first DE razor burn! Might have to go get me in that thread, following a contribution of course, does it count against me that I don't even know what some of those things are?

...does it count against me that I don't even know what some of those things are?

Not at all Neil. You'll learn what everything is eventually. Of course if you're ever curious, just search B&B or post a question. We're happy to help.

Those are some extremely large prizes. It might just be the closest thing to an official B&B Sampler. One idea I just had would be throwing out a guesstimate of the value of each prize as it might entice even more people, although it is hard to see how it wouldn't already.

nice!That Gillette adjustable would be a nice break from my short handled DE I got off the bay and that badger would feel alot niced than my boar bristle brush :clap:

Those are some extremely large prizes. It might just be the closest thing to an official B&B Sampler. One idea I just had would be throwing out a guesstimate of the value of each prize as it might entice even more people, although it is hard to see how it wouldn't already.

I won 1st prize in the Summer giveaway 2 years ago as a newbie to the site, I had only been a member three months. I think when I figured everything up I had over $900 worth of stuff. I can tell you, just by quickly glancing at the list, 1st prize this time looks like more than that. But the value of the prizes are not about the dollar value of the stuff.... it about all the great stuff! Stuff that you'd never have the chance to have without this giveaway. Many great people have donated their personal stock to this effort. Stuff that is discontinued and completely unavailable (e.g. NOS puck and bowl of Pen's English Fern SS, tallow first). That's just amazing. Isn't $20 worth the chance at that? I think so, and even if you don't win, you've given to a worthy cause who's efforts help a lot of people. When I donated the first time, I figured there was no way possible I'd win. I just put in my $20 for the good of the site and walked away. Almost forgot about the contest to be honest. Then I got a PM saying I was a winner and I was completely floored. I've been a loyal contributor the the site since then. Take a chance. You're odds are better than the lotto!

Last edited:
Top Bottom