What's new

ATT SE1 SE2 question

My go to DE is the H2. I have only used ATT open comb baseplates having the M2, R2, H2, S2, v1 SE2 and v2 SE2. When the v1 SE2 was released, some customers complained that it was too close to the SE1 in aggresiveness, so Stan developed the v2 SE2. So the only thing I can say regarding the SE1 is my experience with the v1 SE2 that others say is about equal to the SE1.

The first blade that I placed into my v1 SE2 was the most aggresive option for this razor, the Feather Pro Super. I found that this razor was about equivalent to the Asylum RX with respect to aggresiveness, which many here claim to be pretty aggresive. I also found it to be every bit as aggresive as the H2 baseplate. When I put a Feather Pro blade into this razor, the blade feel against the face was noticeably midler, but interestingly, this combination gave me the closest shave I have ever given myself. It just worked efficiently and effectively, and the blade feel on my face was milder than that of my H2.

The v2 SE2 is slightly, but noticably, more aggresive than the V1 SE2 (no longer made), and I have only used it with the Feather Pro blade to date. Placing a Pro Super in it will step up the eggresiveness significantly. With Satan's 30 day guarantee, you can always swap the SE1 with the SE2 baseplate if you are not satisfied. But I suggest that you have both Pro and Pro Super blades on hand when it arrives as they do feel very different in this type of razor.

Top Bottom