What's new

ATT bronze razor

Just wanted everyone to know that we only have 23 Bronze sets left. When the these Atlas six piece sets are gone there will be no more. Not being pushy, just wanted you to be aware if you are considering a purchase.

Attachments

• $DSCN4954.jpg
    $DSCN4954.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 413
Hi [MENTION=17728]Stan[/MENTION], didn't know where to ask this question. But these two Atlas handles look vastly different. Is one an older version? If so, which is the current handle you produce? One is very shiny and the other is matte with more of a grip.

$IMG_20160707_172945.jpg

Stan, perhaps you have already answered this question elsewhere (and if so I apologize), but do you plan on doing any open comb sets in bronze?

Stan, perhaps you have already answered this question elsewhere (and if so I apologize), but do you plan on doing any open comb sets in bronze?

No, we have no plans to do that. I would like to work up another set of some kind but due to the additional work involved I am not sure we will ever do anything in Bronze again. Time will tell.

However, What do you guys think of a Bronze Slant with a Longer Atlas (barber pole 3.5" like the Kronos) handle in a matte texture like our regular stainless? It would be much more affordable with this finish.Let me know.

I would be a buyer of a bronze slant on a Kronos handle, especially if I don't have to purchase other caps.

That would be awesome! I love my S1 Kronos in stainless. I have been on the prowl for bronze, brass, and copper.

I would love to get a bronze slant!! My S2 and H1 are two of my favorite razors and a bronze Kronos would fit right in.

A bronze slant on a long Atlas would be fantastic. I haven't bought an ATT yet, but I plan to at some point. A slant would definitely be the head I was interested in, and while I love the barber pole knurling, the regular Atlas is probably too short for me.

I would be in for a bronze slant with a longer handle! If they're a limited edition, can I request the same number as my bronze set?

A slant head would be great but I've always preferred the Kronos handle than to my bronze Atlas handle. It would be great to have the option to purchase a bronze of similar length handle as the Kronos.

Stan, I see you posted the use of naval bronze with your ATT razor set. Could you tell me the specific alloy used so I could source it for an aftermarket handle that would match?

Here you are;

464 Naval Brass / Naval Bronze
Used primarily in applications where corrosion resistance is important, the material has a small amount of tin added to help deal with corrosion, especially in seawater.

C464 Naval Brass / Naval Bronze

Minimum Properties

Ultimate Tensile Strength, psi

Yield Strength, psi

Elongation

20%

Rockwell Hardness

B82

Chemistry

Copper (Cu)

59 - 62%

Zinc (Zn)

39.25%

Iron (Fe)

0.10% max

Tin (Sn)

0.5 - 1.00%

Your most welcome.
On another note, we will have a few bronze handles and caps and ink well stands on our site very soon. So if anyone wants an extra bronze part they can purchase it. There will only be two or three of each. Just clearing a few left over parts.

Your most welcome.
On another note, we will have a few bronze handles and caps and ink well stands on our site very soon. So if anyone wants an extra bronze part they can purchase it. There will only be two or three of each. Just clearing a few left over parts.
Stan, how much for an extra cap? I would love to acquire one. I now have set 42 minus the inkwell stand.

Top Bottom