What's new

ASCO super stainless blades?

Anyone using the orange box or red box ASCO blades?

About 1 1/2 months ago I read about ASCO (orange box-5 blades) blades in the blade review forum. Because of the review, I decided to purchase a 100, for $20, to try out. I have been shaving with them exclusively for the past three weeks and getting great shaves. (I shave almost every day) They are a little sharper/smoother then my IsraeIi Personna's. I have been getting about six shaves per ASCO blade. I only get about three shaves per blade with the Personna's. I decided I was going to stock up on 200 more of the ASCO blade.

I did a search to try to get a better price on the orange box blades. I found a source in Turkey for the ASCO, red box (10 blades) at about half the price I previously paid, (includes free shipping) for the orange box blades.

The price for the 200 blades I ordered from Turkey was $10.90 per 100 blades. For each hundred blades they will include the gift of an ARKO shave stick.

I think the ten blade, red box and the five blade, orange box blades are the same blade but I have not been able to confirm that.

Anyone else using the ASCO blades. What do you think? They have been working very well for me. YMMV

Last edited:

About 1 1/2 months ago I read about ASCO (orange box-5 blades) blades in the blade review forum. Because of the review, I decided to purchase a 100, for $20, to try out. I have been shaving with them exclusively for the past three weeks and getting great shaves. (I shave almost every day) They are a little sharper/smoother then my IsraeIi Personna's. I have been getting about six shaves per ASCO blade. I only get about three shaves per blade with the Personna's. I decided I was going to stock up on 200 more of the ASCO blade.

I did a search to try to get a better price on the orange box blades. I found a source in Turkey for the ASCO, red box (10 blades) at about half the price I previously paid, (includes free shipping) for the orange box blades.

I think the ten blade, red box and the five blade, orange box blades are the same blade but I have not been able to confirm that.

Anyone else using the ASCO blades. What do you think? They have been working very well for me. YMMV

I have them both, but only have tested the red pack so far (see: "Feather, measure of all blades" near the end). Those are good. Will try the orange soon, was wondering myself about them. Have also two different wrappers for Nacet Platinum ;)

If they are indeed the same blade (I can't speak to this, as I've only used the orange pack Asco blades) $10 for 100 blades is a steal! If you like the orange pack Ascos, you should try the Big Bens, also by Lord. In another thread, the guys ascertained that the blue pack and the maroon(?) pack Big Bens were the same blade, the only difference between the 2 was the blade count per pack. So maybe the Ascos are the same situation? For 10 cents a blade, it may be worth a shot in the dark to get some and try them out.

Recently I've bought 100 Derby Extra horizontal blades and received a pack of five ASCO blades for free (blue/red package):

proxy.php

Still haven't tried them yet... :tongue_sm

I have used the orange and was pleasantly surprised, for me at least they were sharp, smooth and long lasting. A quality blade that does not get the attention that it deserves. Please post your thoughts about the red package after you try them.

I got a variety pack of blades with Asco in the mix. I typically shave with Astra and I have to say the Asco are fantastic so far smooth sharp and seem to last a day or two longer than the Astra.

I bought a couple from try-a-blade and like them. Very, very smooth and comfortable. They gave me a great shave. Moderate sharpness to me. Wish they were just a tad sharper but overall a good experience.They are said to be made with Swedish steel. A high quality blade.

Anyone else using the ASCO blades. What do you think.
I've used both the orange and red. I was also under the impression that they are the same blade, just different box sizes. If they're not the same, they seem to perform similarly. I like them.. get a 3-4 good shaves from them.

I tried one orange Asco and it was the smoothest blade that I've ever used. It felt like it had a 10 foot thick Teflon coating. It wasn't really sharp at all but I found it impossible to cut myself with it because of the thick coating. I would have ordered them in bulk but they don't seem to be for sale anywhere in the US.

I have the ASCO Red Box blades. They are very much a sleeper. I can easily get 4 excellent shaves with no tugs.

If they are indeed the same blade (I can't speak to this, as I've only used the orange pack Asco blades) $10 for 100 blades is a steal! If you like the orange pack Ascos, you should try the Big Bens, also by Lord. In another thread, the guys ascertained that the blue pack and the maroon(?) pack Big Bens were the same blade, the only difference between the 2 was the blade count per pack. So maybe the Ascos are the same situation? For 10 cents a blade, it may be worth a shot in the dark to get some and try them out.

I have just trialed the blue pack big bens immediately followed by the orange pack Ascos.

I do not believe these are the same blade. For my face the Ascos are better.

Really like the orange packs. Whether there is an actual difference between blades contained in different colored packaging I couldn't say.

I have Big Bens in 3 colours and Asco in I believe 3 colours also. Love Asco's and Big Ben but I would bet my bottom dollar they are all the same blades.

I tried one (red I believe) and didn't care for it. Very rough blade for me...
You mentioned the IP - I'd take them over the ASCO any day. :001_smile
It could have been a bad blade I suppose? I think I have another, but am not anxious to try it.

As the ascos are made in Egypt , I can see why Moses had a beard. He tried the ascos and almost lost his face.I think these are are same ones that were lying around the pyramids from thousands of tears ago, just noe repackaged.(KIDDING)
For me , with a de89 and 2 min hot towel, I find the first pass really really difficult,,,,tuggy and scratchy. The second and third passes were actually good and smooth. Just buy a trial pack first. Could be the razor.Would i buy them again? No.

The price for the 200 blades I ordered from Turkey was $10.90 per 100 blades. For each hundred blades they will include the gift of an ARKO shave stick.

The blue and the red boxes are stainless, the Orange is Teflon coated.

Top Bottom