What's new

Artisan Woes!

I have been out of my Mikes Natural Unscented for a couple of weeks now and no matter how much I will them to come back into stock, it just never works that way lol. I know Mike is a super busy guy so it is very understandable, but it does not make me any less sad that my favorite soap cannot be ordered. Artisans are people as well I suppose ;)

There are a lot of good natural unscented soaps out there you could try. Maybe pick up some samples and see what you think in the mean time. I'd recommend Stirling, Soap Commander, or Bluebell

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Ditto, lots of excellent choices. Truefitt and Hill Ultimate comfort in a cream (very, very, faint scent of lavender), Savonnerie du Moulin unscented (very, very, faint scent of honey), L&L Grooming (slight scent of hay and wood to me), XPEC cream (absolutely no scent at all), MdC unscented....

Cheers, Steve

I have given up on 'artisan' soaps (mostly). TOO much drama IME!

These days I stick to products that I know will be around and that are reliable.

Ditto, lots of excellent choices. Truefitt and Hill Ultimate comfort in a cream (very, very, faint scent of lavender), Savonnerie du Moulin unscented (very, very, faint scent of honey), L&L Grooming (slight scent of hay and wood to me), XPEC cream (absolutely no scent at all), MdC unscented....

Cheers, Steve

Great list, but a lot of those are way out of my price range lol and the T&H made my face break out into a rash. Unfortunately I have to find something that works and stick with it, I was cursed with a thin face I guess. Cant even use scented laundry detergent.

There are a lot of good natural unscented soaps out there you could try. Maybe pick up some samples and see what you think in the mean time. I'd recommend Stirling, Soap Commander, or Bluebell

I have tried Stirling, I have their aftershave balm and unscented witch hazel splash, but I cant seem to dial their soap in.

Artisan soaps are some of the best quality products money can buy IMO. Mike's Natural is one of those soaps that I wanted to try for a long time but was unable to find some in stock, but it is a damn good soap and it can be good for artisans to do limited runs (B&M comes to mind) so the soap flies off the shelf and there is not a ton of money worth of product sitting on a shelf for a long time.

On a side note, if you are looking for a particular product the B/S/T is one of the best ways to find what your looking for.

I have given up on 'artisan' soaps (mostly). TOO much drama IME!

These days I stick to products that I know will be around and that are reliable.

Mike updates on Twitter when he's curing a new soap. Maggards has some of his scents on hand right now.

Drama...absolutely none I notice from Mike's, Mystic, L&L, WSP, Sudsy Soapery & CRSW just to name a few. Nice people quietly making great soaps.

What others have said. Other great choices are Mystic Water, Cold River Soap Works (Select Line). Love those two for sure and while not exactly the same performance as Mike's, they are very close.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Great list, but a lot of those are way out of my price range lol and the T&H made my face break out into a rash. Unfortunately I have to find something that works and stick with it, I was cursed with a thin face I guess. Cant even use scented laundry detergent.

I tend to be very sensitive to perfumes as well - we use All for laundry detergent, with no perfumes. Arko, Williams, and VDH are all working fine for me. None of those are expensive.

I tend to be very sensitive to perfumes as well - we use All for laundry detergent, with no perfumes. Arko, Williams, and VDH are all working fine for me. None of those are expensive.
Arko's scent doesn't cause irritation?? You must not be that sensitive then, that there smell be potent! :w00t:

Arko's scent doesn't cause irritation?? You must not be that sensitive then, that there smell be potent! :w00t:

The smell is potent, but whatever the perfume they use might be, it's not one of the myriad that causes itching, watery eyes, and hives. It's basically Ivory soap with some citrus scent. I agree with one of the Europeans that posted here about it - it just smells like a freshly clean bathroom, which I don't find offensive at all.

Also, after lathering 'on the puck' for a few weeks, there's not that much scent left. I think adding water to it makes the perfume go away faster.

NauticalShaver, if you'd like a full unused tub of Mike's unscented and you're CONUS I'll send you one for just the cost of shipping. I don't want anything for the soap, just cover what it costs to get it to you. It's one that was donated to the soap sample passaround and let's be honest here, nobody joins that passaround to try unscented soaps. If you want it just send me a PM with your full name and address. I'll share my PalPay info with you once I know what the shipping costs me. Let me know.

Top Bottom