What's new

Aristocrat Pass it forward (around)

well 15 great gentlemen, three countries, two continents, one great pass around and photos to boot heres to some great fun

Gentleman, I returned home from my family gathering (see PIF) to Jay's Aristocrat sitting in my mailbox! I will be shaving with it this evening and reporting back tonight on how it went. I've never used a TTO before so I'm excited to give it a whirl...Thanks again Jay!

Last edited:
It begins! Glad to hear it showed up! Enjoy your week with it! I'm going to update the list (by the end of the day) per the request of a member going out of town so please use the updated shipping list. I'll leave it up to you guys to contact the next on the list to get their shipping info.

Alright Boys! Normally I shave at night...today I couldn't wait. Here goes:

Where do you start when reviewing something like this? Jay sent it in with not 1, but 2 different samples and although I won't be claiming either (have them both) I used it to choose my blade. At first glance, the head looks almost identical to my Tech (shapewise and shave angle I believe they are the same) but the way the doors open is just FLAT OUT COOL! I loaded an Astra SP into this really neat, gold plated mechanical masterpiece called an Aristocrat and THREW it in some warm water... :sod: just kidding! I lightly placed it.

Soaked my AOS pure badger while showering and then lathered up some Bigelow/KMF Key Lime combo. Love the way this smells! I should state that my other razors include an EJ89 Barley, Muhle R41, and a Gillette Long Comb New. Yes, I am an Open Comb convert. They seem to work most efficiently with my beard.

I lathered up the head and face and went to town! My immediate thoughts were 'this razor has nice heft to it'. It began to feel like it was shaving similar to my Tech, but much easier because of the weight of the handle and razor overall. Mind you, my Tech is a bakelite. First pass WTG on both head and face, smooth and very easy to find the sweet spot. The Astra is a good blade for this razor on my skin. In all honesty, I can see at this point it is going to take more than my OC 2 pass to get a DFS...so I go for a Second pass XTG. Another smooth, effortless pass with no hint of irritation. I lather up for the third and bring that bad boy through the Gillette Slide technique. Effortless. A little bit of blade buffing, some touch ups here and there and I'm done. In my usual routine, this is when I asses my shave and if needed do the even more minor touch ups as I'd be near BBS. Today, I did not go for a BBS simply because 4 passes for me results in irritation no matter what razor I use. I do the normal warm water rinse, cold water rinse, apply some alum *which could find no sense of burn or irritation* and allow that to dry. I then followed that up with Witch Hazel...and let it sit for a bit. I applied my current favorite AS, Masters Bay Rum, and feel the noggin and face to be a DFS!! Wow, it may look like a Tech, but it shaves sooo much nicer for me!

This was a very nice first experience with the Aristocrat, a vintage TTO razor I've not had the pleasure to use prior. Next shave, 36 hours or so from now, will be a WTG/XTG/ATG attempt to see how close to BBS I can get....maybe with a Feather?!? All in all, this is a great DE razor which really makes you wonder why in the world Gillette changed their business model.

I look forward to my next shave!

Great post BigBull, I'm getting excited to try this razor out! Thanks again Jay, again very cool of you to pass this around.

This is fun. So to clarify it's suggested we put something in the box (PIF) when we ship it along and if we take something to replace it with something of similar value? Should we post pictures of the razor seeing the sites in the thread or just send them to Jay?

bull, the least you could do is post pics, lol I WANT SOME PICS, but if you cant seriously its okay,but you know what they say, if you dont post picks it never really happened hahaha

bull, the least you could do is post pics, lol I WANT SOME PICS, but if you cant seriously its okay,but you know what they say, if you dont post picks it never really happened hahaha

The pics are coming, but right now we have a Tropical Storm passing through so I figured I'd wait to do it proper justice for the Florida flavor...

The pics are coming, but right now we have a Tropical Storm passing through so I figured I'd wait to do it proper justice for the Florida flavor...
Right, maybe you can catch a ride on Kens(bluesbishop) arc, i hear he is gathering two of every razor down there

Top Bottom