What's new

Aqua Velva Plastic Bottles

I do have one question. How do you avoid having the Aqua Velva run down the side of the bottle when you splash it out?

-CCM

I decant into an atomizer (I know, I know... blasphemy!), but a good trick that I learned here is to put your index finger over the opening and then tip the bottle into your other hand. Use your index finger to meter out however much product you'd like, and then stopper it again with your finger. No muss, no fuss, and lots of AV goodness for all!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I do have one question. How do you avoid having the Aqua Velva run down the side of the bottle when you splash it out?

-CCM

This is a good question. I've not figured that out either.

Bottle in right hand, make a cup of your left palm.

The neck of the bottle will fit perfectly in the curve between the bottom of your little finger and the heel of your hand.
Keep the left hand level and tip up the bottom of the AV Bottle then back down.
As you pull the bottle away from your left hand to set it down, swipe the neck with the curve of the left hand where the neck has been.

Zero spillage, zero drips down the bottle side.

Bottle in right hand, make a cup of your left palm.

The neck of the bottle will fit perfectly in the curve between the bottom of your little finger and the heel of your hand.
Keep the left hand level and tip up the bottom of the AV Bottle then back down.
As you pull the bottle away from your left hand to set it down, swipe the neck with the curve of the left hand where the neck has been.

Zero spillage, zero drips down the bottle side.

+1 Works for me.

The next person to email Combe should ask how big of a sales spike they've seen since this news broke. I doubt the Velva line has moved this much product in decades :lol:

Is the Original Sport (Green Bottle) also going plastic? I'd like to find some of that before it's out of glass.

-CCM

cover the opening with your index finger, flip upside down and hold over cupped hand. quickly remove index finger and allow desired amount to flow into cupped hand. then, cover opening with index finger and flip right-side. rub hands together and apply

Almost all the stores around here have the musk in the plastic bottles now. There is still plenty of the Blue in glass to go around. I hit the mother-load at Target today. The have it on the bottom shelf, and there must be about 20 bottles still. Given the amount of dust on the back ones, I think they've been there a while!

...put your index finger over the opening and then tip the bottle into your other hand. Use your index finger to meter out however much product you'd like, and then stopper it again with your finger.

cover the opening with your index finger, flip upside down and hold over cupped hand. quickly remove index finger and allow desired amount to flow into cupped hand. then, cover opening with index finger and flip right-side. rub hands together and apply

Uh, I beat you to it. Guess we know who doesn't read all the posts in every thread!:lol::lol::lol: (But it stll works really well!)

Uh, I beat you to it. Guess we know who doesn't read all the posts in every thread!:lol::lol::lol: (But it stll works really well!)

I confess, I usually just reply to something when I come across it, instead of reading the rest of the posts in the thread to see if it has been resolved. Which usually makes me a day late and a dollar short! :biggrin:

Is the Original Sport (Green Bottle) also going plastic? I'd like to find some of that before it's out of glass.

I'm not sure, but I would assume so. The bottle I have says it's made in the US. So logic would dictate that they switched the bottle to plastic as well considering AV Original Sport comes in the same bottles as the Ice Blue.

Regardless, you really don't need an excuse to pick up a bottle of Original Sport. It's a great aftershave. Same menthol blast as the Ice Blue, but with a different scent.

V

VR6ofpain

Do you regret the Ice Balm hording? I see it taking close to 50 years to clear out my 7 bottles of Ice Balm.

Do you regret the Ice Balm hording? I see it taking close to 50 years to clear out my 7 bottles of Ice Balm.

I try to live life without regret. I will say it doesn't really blow up my skirt like the Ice Blue though. Seems to be missing some of the cooling sensation for me.

I try to live life without regret. I will say it doesn't really blow up my skirt like the Ice Blue though. Seems to be missing some of the cooling sensation for me.

Ice Balm is somewhat cooling (I think it's due to the Menthyl Lactate)

There's a post on another shaving forum where a poster emailed them, and the Combe representative said the following:
"Thank you for contacting us regarding the new Aqua Velva shatterproof bottle. First, we want to assure that there is no change to the formula. "

Hopefully they will be true to their word

Right - and P&G said the same thing about Old Spice when asked.
Skin Bracer went to plastic; corporate bean counting monkey-see, monkey-do in action.
Oh well, Vi-jon to the rescue (again) I guess. I'll just buy a few glass bottles as decanters while I still can.

My wife just called. The Walmart near her job now has Musk ONLY in plastic. SHe is picking up 2 more 7oz bottles of Blue as I type this. After work, I'll run by the Walmart close to me and see if they have any Musk if glass. If so, I'm snagging all of it.

DL

Top Bottom