What's new

Aqua Velva Icy Blue: my first menthol

I just tried menthol for the first time and it was an interesting experience. I didn't realize how strong it is! My wife told me the Aqua Velva smell took over the whole house, so I won't be using it again, but menthol will definitely become a part of my rotation!

Yes menthol is awesome. I used Aqua Velva Original Sport (Green) and the smell took over the entire top floor of our condo. She thought the smell was amazing but she is not a fan of the blue you are referring to. The green only seems to be available in Canada which is too bad because its awesome.

I recently purchased menthol crystals and will be adding these to my homemade aftershaves. Gotta love the menthol cooling.

Just remember - "There's something about an Aqua Velva man!"

Yeah, they all grew up watching black and white commercials! I have nothing against the smell itself, but my wife doesn't want me to smell like her grandfather.

Menthol is awesome though.

I just tried menthol for the first time and it was an interesting experience. I didn't realize how strong it is! My wife told me the Aqua Velva smell took over the whole house, so I won't be using it again, but menthol will definitely become a part of my rotation!
Try Skin Bracer. My wife doesn't mind Aqua Velva, but loves the scent of Skin Bracer.

Until I joined these forums, I had no idea that there were people who have never tried Aqua Velva. I live near what is probably the shopping capital of the world but most stores around here only carry regular Clubman, Skin Bracer, and AV Ice Blue. I didn't even know that other aftershaves existed until fairly recently.

If you like menthol in your aftershave, just wait until you a mentholated soap. I still have mixed feelings about menthol and it took a while to get used to having it in my soap, but it definitely wakes you up in the morning.

I found that it pair very well whit Proraso Green(cream or soap).

My wife told me the Aqua Velva smell took over the whole house, so I won't be using it again, but menthol will definitely become a part of my rotation!
You might try Aqua Velva Ice Sport. It's a different scent altogether. It smells very similar to Cool Water by Davidoff. And it's not as strong as the Ice Blue, so the scent wont permeate the walls, lol.

I recently purchased menthol crystals and will be adding these to my homemade aftershaves. Gotta love the menthol cooling.
This is a great suggestion. If you like menthol, you can use the crystals to add a menthol cooling to any aftershave you have. A $10 bag of crystals form Amazon will probably last you the rest of your life.

Now you need to try Osage Rub!
Definitely! One of the strongest menthol aftershaves out there. Any just a mild antiseptic/eucalyptus smell that fades very quickly. You can also mix Osage Rub in with some of your other aftershaves to give them a menthol spike.

Try Skin Bracer. My wife doesn't mind Aqua Velva, but loves the scent of Skin Bracer.
This! Skin Bracer is the Best! Much more mellow than AV scent-wise. AV is brisk smelling, where SB is warm smelling. Hard to explain, you'll just have to try it.

Skin Bracer has a better menthol kick than AV. AV original sport is a good choice only available in Canada however and too me it smells like Irish Spring or some sort of man soap. Ice Sport is decent my lady in life is not a huge fan of it which is surprising because she loves the Veg.

Top Bottom