What's new

AoS or Tobs Sandalwood for strength and duration

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if I could get the advice of someone who has used both the art of shaving and taylor of old bond street shaving creams (the sandalwood). I actually am relatively new to shaving with a safety razor and non gilette shaving cream (safety razor was left behind in the shower by an old roommate, rusted but still works).

Anyway, Im almost finished with my first tub of sandalwood from Tobs and i love the scent. I was about to order another when I saw that most people prefer the AoS to Tobs. I'm actually not TOO concerned about which has the better scent (since tobs is already good) but I would prefer to get the one that lasts longer throughout the day. Does anyone happen to know which one tends to last longer and has a more powerful scent?

Also, does using a brush to apply the cream increase the duration in which the scent lingers on your face?

Thank you!

I have never tried AoS. It simply isn't worth the cost to me. However, I really like TOBS Sandalwood and will likely always keep a tub around my shaving supplies.

Sent via mobile - Chris

You can also get Fine aftershave Santal Absolute, it's very similar to the AOS Sandalwood scent, whenever I use the AoS sandalwood soap, I follow it with Fine Santal Absolute splash then I put on AoS aftershave balm.

This one last all day for me.

I've used both and vote AoS. They also make an aftershave balm and cologne in sandalwood. I've never tried the cologne, but the balm scent lasts most of the day for me.

Also, does using a brush to apply the cream increase the duration in which the scent lingers on your face?

Thank you!

I can't say about duration, but lathering up with a brush and water tends to bring out a more complex sent. Also, you will get more shaves per tub than you would by using it brushless.

It's just a cream. You're not going to have a significant lingering scent after you wash it off, imo. Looks for a good cologne or something else along that line.

As poster above said its just while you lather while you shave maybe a little after you wash it off but thats about it..cologne is the way to go

I have both and have used them for about a year. I don't think either one lasts longer during the day than the other. I will say that the scent of each is different. My wife carries the blame for starting me on this addiction and it all started with an AOS medium size travel kit in Sandalwood. When that ran out I bought a tub of TOBS Sandalwood. I like them both but they are definitely different. I'm not really good at describing scents so you should definitely have both of them in your collection. Welcome to SCAD. Shaving Cream Acquisition Disorder.

I've used both and vote AoS. They also make an aftershave balm and cologne in sandalwood. I've never tried the cologne, but the balm scent lasts most of the day for me.
I agree. I use TOBS sandalwood and the scent is good but much more subtle than the AoS. The AoS cream is just stringer. The AoS Sandalwood balm is wonderful!! Pricey but really really good.

I don't see how anything can beat the scent and scent strength of Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood. An all time old school classic!!! It is stellar and will take you back in time!!

Top Bottom