What's new

AOS non-tallow formula? SAY IT AIN"T SO!

i doubt the guys using the chrome plated plastic mach 3/fusions will even notice. it might even be better qualities for using a multiblade, not too thick for getting caught up with lather/hair and lasts long enough for the quick swipes of the carts.

i felt silly for stocking up on AOS during teh last sale. maybe not so much now.

Interesting how Proraso's reformulation was met with glee long before anyone even had a clue how it would turn out (I don't think it was an improvement). AOS, not so much. I really hope this change doesn't decrease the performance of one of the best soaps out there, but will wait to see before making a judgment.

Interesting how Proraso's reformulation was met with glee long before anyone even had a clue how it would turn out (I don't think it was an improvement). AOS, not so much. I really hope this change doesn't decrease the performance of one of the best soaps out there, but will wait to see before making a judgment.

Well, AoS is pulling the beloved and fabled tallow from the list. I am not sure there has ever reformulation of a shave soap in which tallow was removed and the masses thought the performance of the soap was improved. Please note, I do not consider tallow a
magic or required ingredient for an excellent performing shaving soap. Proraso removed parabens from the equation, which a fair number of folks would rather not have in in a shaving cream. Also, Proraso added other scent options to the line up, this was a big plus for a large number of customers.

That said, I agree - we shouldn't pass judgement on the AoS reformulation until there is more data.

I've never tried their soaps because I always thought they were too expensive. Looks like I may have missed out.

There's still lots of tallow stock out there probably. When it's exhausted (which will probably be awhile), you can either not buy the new soap. or mill a refill together with a Valobra stick in a bowl, problem solved.

I'm not sure that's the case. Folks have been reporting that they've found AoS soap at TJ Maxx, which would make sense in light of this reformulation.

Well Proraso was reformulating to remove EVIL, NASTY CANCER and AoS is reformulating to remove angelic tallow, so it's not surprising that the reactions are opposite.

You guys might be interested to know that Lee's Safety Razors (leesrazors.com) has made in Italy/tallow stock of AOS soap. I just ordered a refill of unscented, which he has 8 more of. Lemon he has just a few of, in the bowl. He has a few lavender refills too. I can't remember what Lee told me about his stock of Sandlewood.

Dave

All I know is that the day M&W announces a reformulation of Tabac is the day to finally storm the castle.

Sad news indeed.

Hey everyone, relax. Maybe AOS is now sourcing its soap from the US factory that makes modern Williams.
Dude! I was just going to post something about how ironic it might be if their new contract was with Combe. But then why contract anyone? P&G makes Ivory, right? :001_rolle

Top Bottom