What's new

AOS non-tallow formula? SAY IT AIN"T SO!

I would never do anything like I suggested; however, as a buyer, I would be happy to pay a little extra for a soap I want that is no longer available. It's not like the time and effort it would take to acquire, pack and ship should go unrewarded.

We sell razors that cost very little money when new for "big bucks" today on BST. Wouldn't this scenario be somewhat like selling a "vintage" soap?

Nope. Gouging, big markups and charging outlandish prices for anything on the BST will get called out. Finding a Superspeed for $2 in the wild and reselling for a fair price is fine. Charging $100 bazillion for it is frowned upon here, and should be done on eBay instead.

Nope. Gouging, big markups and charging outlandish prices for anything on the BST will get called out. Finding a Superspeed for $2 in the wild and reselling for a fair price is fine. Charging $100 bazillion for it is frowned upon here, and should be done on eBay instead.

by your argument then we should not allow the sale of pens tallow, trumper tallow, and yardley for sale at the markups they now command. in my opinion tallow AOS is going to be the next highly sought out tallow soap.

so in 5 years this will be ok? when was it ok for the others to command such steep prices when we know someone might be making money off them.

Last edited:
by your argument then we should not allow the sale of pens tallow, trumper tallow, and yardley for sale at the markups they now command. in my opinion tallow AOS is going to be the next highly sought out tallow soap.

so in 5 years this will be ok? when was it ok for the others to command such steep prices when we know someone might be making money off them.

Gouging has never been welcome. If you'd like an in depth discussion of the nuances, by all means contact a Mod. The OP's thread has been hijacked enough.

Personally I'm glad they switched all of their shaving products to non-tallow. Their glycerin based creams are some of the best I've ever tried.

I had no intention on price gouging only spreading the word that the tallow version is still out there in the Walt Whitman mall.
I got a puck of tallow lavender and I'm trying it out today for the first time

I had no intention on price gouging only spreading the word that the tallow version is still out there in the Walt Whitman mall.
I got a puck of tallow lavender and I'm trying it out today for the first time
I think you'll like that soap, if you enjoy a clay-scent like I do, you'll love that soap.
I apologize for suggesting you do something that is frowned upon here. I had no ill intention (other than acquiring more soap!).

I was in Nordstrom in Bethesda, Maryland today, and they had one AOS tallow refill (unscented) and several AOS tallow in bowls. I did not buy any, but if anybody is looking, that's where to go.

Hmmm...SWMBO got me a couple boxes of the tallow version last Christmas....now that I read this I'm glad she did!

Concerned...

Top Bottom