What's new

Anyone use toothpowder?

I make my own tooth powder. I'm not a dentist or dictotor, but it does the job to my liking. Here's the recipe.
-5 parts calcium carbonate
-5 parts Xylitol powder
-2 parts sodium bicarbonate (baking soda)
-peppermint essential oil to your liking for flavor only
Mix it all together and store in an airtight container.
I use 1/4 teaspoon every time I brush my teeth.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Was going to say; nobody's mentioned baking soda.

proxy.php

AA

I use this, supposed to only use once or twice a week but i've used it everyday for 12 years with no problems. You can get it off Amazon or eBay.

$Tooth powder.jpg

Used to use the Colgate Tooth Powder when I was a kid. It was the only tooth powder I ever remember seeing. I really don't think I've seen any probably since the late seventies.

Alright so I received the Eucryl toothpowder sooner than expected and used it on Friday.
DSC_0036.JPG

DSC_0035.JPG

Interestingly the instructions state: Use 1-2 times per week in addition to your regular toothpaste. Maybe it's just me but I found that a little confusing, do I brush with the paste then use the powder or use the powder instead of the paste twice a week? Anywho I ended up brushing with just the powder on Friday and wow. A nice clean feeling all around. I compare it to the feeling you have on your teeth after a cleaning from the dentist. Will see over time if it indeed removes stains and whitens teeth. If so, I'll be a regular user of this.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Nice. I may try that. Report back on the stains and teeth whitening.

Wow. Haven't seen or heard about this in decades! When I was much younger i backpacker a decent amount and carried it because it was lighter than a tube of toothpaste.

I have a can of Pepsodent American tooth. It is about 40 years old. Still full. I wish they still made it. The powder is much more cost effective.
MM879

Anyone use toothpowder? What do you use?
I used ECO-DENT for years but decided to go a simpler (and much less expensive) route about ten years ago.

MY HOME MADE TOOTHPOWDER:
2 parts Baking Soda
1 part Fine Pink Himalayan Mountain Salt

It's excellent stuff and as far away from the dreaded rat poison as you can get.

upload_2019-1-17_15-58-42.png

Used eco-dent for a couple decades and now blend my own after trying another commercial one with similar ingredients as to what I now mix. Stevia leaf, coconut charcoal, baking soda, clove oil, cinnamon leaf oil, and other items we keep around, let’s see.....some slippery elm, yarrow, mullein, also, if I remember correctly.

3DB12F18-8D58-4F0B-9BA4-A4050AD19B3F.jpeg

So, is toothpowder as good as or better than toothpaste? @malocchio had a thread started about Russian Toothpowder. Did a search, and this thread popped up. Using Pasta Del Capitano right now.

So, is toothpowder as good as or better than toothpaste? @malocchio had a thread started about Russian Toothpowder. Did a search, and this thread popped up. Using Pasta Del Capitano right now.
That's a tough question, however if you want to go as natural as possible and don't want SLS and toxic flouride , then go with a powder. On a side note, almost all commercial toothpastes contain formaldehyde , but the cosmetic companies " take care " of the FDA , so they do not have to list it. Most countries demand it to be listed...Is Your Toothpaste Full Of Carcinogens?

Top Bottom