Anyone tried Marvis Toothpaste ?

Discussion in 'Skin, Body & Hair Care' started by VladTepes, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Yeah we are just finishing up a tube of the purple one, (lavender?) ..... It's a nice change from just plain old colgate in the supermarkets here, but at a premium cost! I got ours for free, if it wasn't free, I'm not sure that id buy it again

2. Thanks

3. Love Marvis. Especially the Licorice, Cinnamon, Strong, and Aquatic Mint.

Ordered tubes for like $7.99 from Italian Barber - not really that much more expensive than crest or colgate.

4. I love the cinnamon!
    It's not just the flavor, I also find the "mouth-feel" better when compared to the regular super-market stuff.

5. I tried a small travel tube that came as a freebie from a vendor. It was Cinnamon. Definitely feels different than Crest/Colgate but I'm not sure if I prefer it to my usual Tom's of Maine. It was a lot "sweeter" tasting than I expected.

6. I had tried the Cinnamon flavor; and I have to admit that I liked its sweeting taste quite well. and I found that mouth feels better after couple of use.

7. Luc

Luc Moderator Emeritus

I buy a tube here and there. It's good stuff but too expensive to be a regular. Worth trying? I would say yes.

8. yea the cinnamon is lovely and it does work well.

9. I have tried and like all of the Marvis flavors. My favorite is probably the original strong Mint, but the Cinnamon is really growing on me. I agree it's a bit pricey, but I always seem to end up needing about $10 to get to free shipping on my purchases and so often throw a tube in based on the reasoning, "Free shipping is always worth it!"

10. tried the Jasmin mint and Strong mint...way overpriced, nothing special would not purchase again

11. I have to admit that the packaging is pretty nice. Are there others like this?

12. I know there is a french brand Botot. Although it may be made in Italy. Italian Barber and WCS carry quite a few specialty toothpastes IIRC. I've always wondered about them myself

13. there is cuoto and euthymol

14. I was just in Sicily and picked a couple of tubes for just under 4 euros each. I got Ginger Mint and Passion Fruit (actually my wife chose the flavors. I probably would have bought them all but I was distracted by the shaving stuff.)

I think they're really nice, but I at $8-$10 here in the states, I won't be upgrading to luxury toothpaste permanently...

By all means you should try it out. I will definitely be on the lookout next time I'm abroad.

15. Sure. Here is my review. Save your money.

16. I'm using the strong mint now. I like it, and despite the high price I will order it again. I mean it's not as if I need a new tube every month.

17. I'd never go out of my way to buy it on its own, but I sometimes include a tube in my Italian Barber orders. Ginger has been pleasantly surprising, and, of course, cinnamon is a long time favourite. Mouth feel takes some getting used to. And to be honest, my mouth doesn't feel quite as clean as when I use regular Colgate or Crest. But the flavours are just so darn inteersting that I keep checking them out.