What's new

Anyone Hand Lather Proraso?

I dont mean with a brush, I mean working it into your beard with your hands and working the lather. I want to start shaving at the gym 3 days a week to save time, but do not want to drag around my brush.

I have never tried that but you might want to pick up a tube of non lathering Cremo. It is very slick and might not be as much work or messy.

I'm embarrassed to say this, but many years ago (back when I was still using canned shaving cream), I tried hand lathering from a tub of white Proraso.

It did NOT work. I didn't even know you were supposed to use a brush. I gave up and went back to using canned goo.

Then again, I was young and inexperienced at the time, so maybe there IS a way to make it work without a brush. Let us know if you succeed!

I used to hand lather CO Bigelow which is basically the same thing before I had my brush. It would work, it isn't nearly as good as a brush, but gets the job done.

Yes ,it is the only way I use any cream and it works much better than by using a brush,it offers way more lubrication and it is way faster .

Don't go for lather,it will never lather as much as with a brush,go for a slippery semi wet film like a paste for best results.

Also don't re lather between passes,simply wet the area with a drop of water ,the cream residue will do the rest.

It'll never lather up as well as a brush, but all creams can be spread on your face with your hands and be shaveable. Try it and see if you like it. There is a whole category of brushless creams that work like this. And in many parts of the world, some people can't afford a decent brush and will just use their hands every shave.

Proraso also makes a canned foam.

Top Bottom