??Anyone for a TX get together??

Discussion in 'Gatherings and Get-Togethers' started by paul.c, Jan 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well I will be home for a couple of weeks in April for Mid Tour from Afghanistan. I will be in the DFW area and am wondering if anyone would like to think about having a get together or something fun like that. I am putting this up now in hopes that we can get something hashed out before then. And as much as I hate to admit it, I would like to meet some of y'all. So all you red blooded Texans, Lets get together and have a grand ole time.

This is not restricted from other types of people, non-Texans are allowed if you will be in the area or are close enough to drive and want to.

2. - What do you mean, "other types of people?"
    - What do you mean, "other types of people?"

3. I'd love to, but April would be near impossible for me to schedule, unfortunately

4. SmoovD

SmoovD Contributor

Sounds good. I would be more than happy to welcome you back home- maybe eat some BBQ, drink a few beverages and talk smart.

Let us in on the details.

5. jlander

jlander Moderator Emeritus

I believe he referring to those not fortunate enough to have been born in, or have moved to, what we lovingly refer to as "God's country". :biggrin:

6. Yeah, that. :001_smile

7. Im in. We did one last year and it was fun.

8. I'm in too. We need some dates so that we can accomodate your leave. What kind of food will you be hungry for upon return from Afgahnistan?

9. By the way, I don't think there are any "other types of people". Even non-Texans wish they were Texans, and that should count.

10. I was referencing the film Tropic Thunder. Maybe you guys remember the ads for the film. It had an exchange like that.

:hand:

And the New Yorker exits stage Northeast...

11. Well, I should be returning to Tx on or around the 10th, and will leave on or around the 25th. So for weekends we have: Sat. 11, Sun. 12, Sat. 18, and Sun. 19 also the Friday evenings coinciding accordingly. This is assuming that weekends are best for everyone, I will be on leave, so I will be off everyday. (this is why I posted this early)

I am not looking for anything special, I would just like to get together with some people, oddly enough people who I have never met, and just hang out. BBQ is always a plus, and with BBQ comes beverage.

So lets get to figgerin on these here dates an come to some sorta reserlution.

**As a side note, It is oddly true that Texans refer to home as God's Country, I guess it's said so commonly because it is true.**

12. :thumbup1:So much so that they will claim to be a Texan, when it's apparent that they are not. :biggrin:

Chiming in so I can follow along. Hope to be able to participate and give out a "thank you" to paulc. for his service! :thumbup1:

13. May I suggest the 18th at lunchtime. We can get together for a couple of hours then. What says the other North Texans? I am amenable to other dates as well. I am simply trying to push our group to commit to a date.

As last time, I will bring a number of wetshaving items for trade.

14. SmoovD

SmoovD Contributor

Sat. April 18....sounds good to me.

15. As of right now, I think the 18th would be great. Sounds interesting.:yesnod:

16. Good Show Gents. I like the 18th. And thank you for getting the ball rolling. Now we need to decide where. I'm willing to drive just about anywhere. I will not be staying in the metroplex, rather where I will be is Decatur which is a bit away from the plex by about an hour. So I don't mind driving if yall want to meet up in town...if yall want to make the drive that is fine too my friend owns an antique/coffee shop on the square in Decatur, and I am sure that she would let us gather there. Which I will talk to her about in the next few days if that is an option that yall would like to persue.

17. Some additional input would be fairly helpful I think.

18. An update. My friend with the antique/coffee shop will be relocating her shop in the april/may timeframe, so she says it wouldn't be a very good time for her. So that won't work. Any suggestions, comments, ideas or concerns? I am open for anything.

19. I won't be moving to DFW until August, so maybe I'll make the next get-together.

20. I'll meet you guys in Conroe?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.