What's new

Anybody else prefer cheapo brushes?

I like the rougher brushes like the burma shave. The wet dog smell can hang around for a while it'll eventually fade, but as said earlier, Prorasso is a pretty good deodorant for a brush. The rougher brushes don't make as thick a foam as my badger, but I think the boar bristle does a better job of standing my whiskers up.

i use my burma shave brush routinely, i also have a $5 dollar brush from CVS that i hate. so to answer your question, yes, no... maybe?

I'm loving my Tweezerman so far however i can't really say I prefer it since the only other brush I have tried is the Menu synthetic I won here, also liked it quite a bit built lather like crazy.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
This one is about 25 years old and is well broken in. The tips are quite soft yet the shafts are rather stiff. It is a Surrey brand that I used daily for about five years before buying a badger hair brush.

View attachment 18137

V

VR6ofpain

I have noticed that boar hair has softer tips, but stiffer stems then pure badger hair.
I am a big fan of pure badger. It is cheap, it is soft enough, and it still scrubs the face. Though I do get annoyed with the scratchiness from time to time. I'll probably buy the 2007 B&B brush (why not just call it the 2008?) to have something highend for once.

I've got a $12 boar bristle brush that I found at Shopper's Drug Mart and I like the way it feels. Not too rough for me at all, actually feels sort of nice.

I tend to let it soak in hot tapwater while I shower, perhaps that softens it up a bit.

Top Bottom