What's new

Any WHEEL GUN lovers out there...?

Jeez guys! We're all gun lovers. Wheel guns serve their purpose...like not leaving shell casings at crime scenes! :)
I've got my Ruger Blackhawk and a S&W Model 99 .40. Both are great guns, fun to shoot and are a joy to own. That's what's important to me.

...but the wheelgun bug had bitten and I ended up getting an SP101 for myself.

A 3" SP101 is the only revolver I have. For concealed carry I just prefer an auto.

Stock:

proxy.php

With Hogue lamo camo grips and a 5 Star Firearms billet speedloader:

proxy.php

proxy.php

A couple of Ruger Vaqueros (old model) in .45 Long Colt, a couple of Taurus Gauchos in .45 LC, a couple of Uberti Cattlemen in .38 and a S&W 642 in .38. Used to be a SASS shooter which is why so many SAA "clones". I've got some 1911s and some Sig Sauers, but my wheel guns are my favs.

The Ruger SP101's are built like a tank!!
Indeed they are.
158gr .357mag loads and it "bites" less than 125gr ball rounds (not +P) bit on the little LCR.

I use the term "little" loosely. They're both basically J-Frame revolvers and use the same speedloader, but the LCR is a "GloVolver"
Stainless barrel and cylinder, aluminum upper frame and barrel shroud, and a poly lower frame and FCG housing.
Around 14oz... 70 rounds and I didn't want to fire it again.
Wife fired it twice and put it down (I bought it for her).
She now shoots a 92FS, I sold the LCR to my friend.

I'm new to Badger & Blade but can't allow this neato revolver thread to get away without comment.

Any forum that can post threads showing and appreciating great revolvers just has to be good! Why even Webleys are appreciated here!

Just like the automatic pistol, the revolver is a repeating firearm that uses the same center fire metallic cartridge design first developed in the 1860s. Though its compliment of cartridges is smaller than most semi-autos a revolver is still useful and so very reliable. It's not as antiquated as is sometimes assumed. They'll have to introduce ray guns in order to give us a meaningful improvement over the handguns we currently possess.

Though I have semi-auto pistols I'm a big revolver fan, having them in most chamberings from .22 to .455. I like Smith & Wesson revolvers best but give classic Colt models an affectionate and enthusiastic second place.

A more recent acquisition. After wanting a Smith & Wesson Model 57 .41 Magnum in this exact configuration for nearly 40 years (ever since I was a kid) I finally picked this one up a little over a year ago.
proxy.php

I have a nice Colt Python but this Colt New Service Model 1909 .45 Colt shames it in both smoothness of operation and craftsmanship in fit and finish.
proxy.php

Even Webleys are loved around here with a couple on hand. Here's an early Mark IV .455 from 1899 (with lanyard) along with a World War II era Webley Mark IV .38/200.
proxy.php

Wow! Those are some great guns! I've looked at the Webleys and the .45 Colts. I'm just so stuck on my Blackhawk that I'm staying with my .357. But those are beautiful!

Shoot me a PM, I'm sure we could work something out :) I finished this little guy for a J-frame this weekend:

proxy.php
Congratulations on such professional, beautiful craftsmanship. As a pistolero, I have made attempts at holster making with pathetic results so I can appreciate your skill even more.

Thank you for the compliments! Been messing with it just shy of a year now, really a fun and rewarding hobby. Here's a group photo from a recent cleaning - I kind of like wheel guns :001_tt1:

proxy.php

Top Bottom