What's new

Any WHEEL GUN lovers out there...?

Guys, this is an apples VS oranges debate! They are different and better each in their own way!

Its okay to like both! I even like peaches!! :)

Tom

I'm not a fanboy, i just realize this isn't 1894. Wheelguns as serious military mass issue weapons were surpassed in 1911 (when the 1911 outshot everything out there) and haven't been back since except as specialty pieces.

Nothing wrong with wheelguns, but for the purpose he was describing, their time is long gone. I'd take any major-maker modern auto over a wheelgun for military service except in one or two situations.

For Alaskan use or in the wilds, they have their place, and in small pocket pieces they still rule supreme.

I'm not a fanboy

You have to let that part go. Ad Hominem is how you know you won the debate. There is no answer for the massive round counts being fired from those firearms, so the name calling commences. Yeah, it's 5th grade logic but whachagonnado, huh?

Next topic... and a wee dram with two beers!

Unfortunately none on my iPhone or I'd download some pics. I love my Ruger 44. Will eventually add a 41mag just because. I have been reloading since my early childhood. Too far to drive to reload at my father's house onregular basis eith current gas
pricea and after seeing what the current price of 44 mag is their is a new Rcbs reloader that just got set up. Thank you eBay for the 17.00 dies!!!!! Some awesome classics being reintroduced into the market if your into them. Cabelas is celebrating their 50th anniversary too and has had several major manufactures bring back some classic 6 shooters as anniversary models. Currently way overpriced for a pooman like myself but still brings back fond childhood memories tin
Can shooting with the orginals.

Wouldn't say that I'm a wheelgun nut, but we've got a couple.

Bought a Ruger LCR for my wife. Too light, she hated it, I hated it, sold it to a friend who likes it.
Bought her a 92FS and she loves it, but the wheelgun bug had bitten and I ended up getting an SP101 for myself.

A couple of months later, I built an AR22. Bought a bunch of Remington Thunderbolt-22. It won't chamber in the CMMG upper.
Rather than PIF or toss $300 worth of ammo, I just bought a $300 wheelgun that could shoot it :biggrin:

$357-2.jpg$heritage22.jpg

Wheelguns.....im standing on a location movie set with a 686 stuffed down my pants waiting for the star of the movie to take it. I shaved very nicely tonight for the hollywood crowd.

My first handgun was a stainless Ruger GP100 in .357 & I wish I still had it. I sent hundreds, probably thousands of rounds downrange via a S&W Sigma in .40 & loved it - great, economical Glock alternative, that one (the two have remarkably similar internals, leading to a nice little dust-up between S&W and Glock when the Sigma was introduced). Currently own a Springfield 1911 & love it too, but I'd still like to have another GP100 and/or Sigma. In other words, I like them all, and they all have attributes that may be superior to the others, depending on your criteria.

Wheel guns are cool. :thumbup1:

Wheelguns.....im standing on a location movie set with a 686 stuffed down my pants waiting for the star of the movie to take it. I shaved very nicely tonight for the hollywood crowd.

Cool. Ironically one of my high school freinds lives in Anchorage and is with IATSE Local 918.

Jay

I like them all too.
This.

Among my collection are Glock, XD, 1911, etc...
I don't own any handguns that don't get at least a box of ammo every month except for the .22 revolver, and usually a trip to the range is at least 100 rounds per gun.
The .357, normally 50 rounds per session.

Heck yes, I'm a wheel gun nut!! In fact a nut abouth almost anything that throws lead out of a barrel, using a burning propellant, compressed air, C02, spring air, or anything else you can think of.!!

Browning High Power

I have to agree. I like it better than my 1911's. Mine is somewhat customized, BarSto barrel, then from Cylinder and Slide, a wide trigger, extended slide release and safety, and magazine safety removed, also small rowell hammer. For my ageing hands it feels better than the 1911.

I've got a .357 Colt Blackhawk. Mine had Hogue grips.
This, obviously, isn't mine...but a nice example...

Attachments

• $COLT.jpg
    $COLT.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 286
Top Bottom