What's new

Any sharp object throwers out there

A long time ago I was a pretty avid knife thrower and pretty much threw anything with a point. Traditional 1/2, 1, 2, etc spins mostly. Then I tore up my wrist playing racket ball and the throwing was put aside. my knives were put away then given away. Now I want back in. SPin and no spin. Back when I was throwing, prices were small and there was not a lot of selection. Now with the advent of the interweb there are tons of options, from cheap junk to very expensive "hand made". Can't decide what to buy. Feel like a kid in a candy store.

So Anyone else throw sharp objects at targets?

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Consider the Condor throwers. Condor's quality is very good; I've got several (though neither of their throwing knives. Do have the axe).

I mostly throw 'hawks; have done so for a long while. Boatload of fun, chews up backstops fast, though.

AA

I'll look into them. My arm always tired out with hawks. One sided workout. Couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with my left hand. Definitely chew through stuff.

I dabbled in college. Had a couple sets of cheap knives. We just threw at a piece of plywood propped against the fence. Wasn't a great setup. But it was pretty fun. We thought we were practiced up enough, then tried at the renaissance festival. But couldn't connect with their knives. That was a bummer. Would be cool to get back into it with better gear.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I dabbled in college. Had a couple sets of cheap knives. We just threw at a piece of plywood propped against the fence. Wasn't a great setup. But it was pretty fun. We thought we were practiced up enough, then tried at the renaissance festival. But couldn't connect with their knives. That was a bummer. Would be cool to get back into it with better gear.

I went to the Ren Fair, and won a T-shirt throwing their hawks.

Felt bad for my bud, who tried and failed. We were with several women from work ...

Shiriken bounce and roll like a wheel , long ways, if you miss. A good knife rocks, but don't get attached; if you throw, you will lose it eventually. Tomahawks hit with a nice punch and are hard to lose.

AA

I never thought about throwing shovels. If you can stick a shovel you are well on your way to being able to stick a hawk.

Knives on the other hand are a different beast.

I used to play around throwing with some cheap throwing knives and my Cold Steel shovel. Used a butt end cut-off from a saw mill I used to work at for a target. Haven't thrown in probably 12 years though. Maybe time to go at it again.

Top Bottom