What's new

Any hockey fans out there?

As a lifelong Bruins fan, I take umbridge with your personal favorite.

But, yes, I am a big hockey fan. Always have been and hopefully will always be. Now if I could just find a way to get the Whalers back in CT.

That's just not going to happen. The folks here in Raleigh love their Canes and still show up even though the team has not been very good since winning the cup a few years back. I grew up on Long Island during the Islanders 4 cup run and played hockey in High School (won a county championship as a Senior). When the Whalers announced that they were moving to North Carolina I thought that they were nuts. After living here for 5 years I finally was able to understand what the owners saw in the area and the fan support that they get.

Last edited:
Oh Holler!

I played golie as a kid and grew up watching one of the best: Patric Roy in Denver with the Ave's, now I make ocasional trips to the graden to watch the Rangers, but I really prefer international or Colegit hockey, petter puck handeling and play setting then the fast and hard NHL.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Too busy watching game. Will sing praises later. :biggrin:

Yep, watching the little tuxedo'ed guys lose at Joe Louis would be good, I moved to the Motor City as an employee of the Engine Division, but as a bonus I got a hockey team! And they have been pretty good these last 22 years ..

Oh, the picture is Al Svoboda (sp), swinging the traditional octopus, whose 8 legs used to represent the number of wins needed for the Stanley Cup, before the rest of us got fat, watched more sports on TV, and listened to the marketing types ..

I watch hockey oncet in a while

Excellent game. Too bad the refs broke up Howard and Crosby there at the end. I wanted to see Jimmy beat the snot out of that little punk. :thumbup:

Only Canada is more hockey crazy!

proxy.php

life long hockey fan. Played until I was an overage in Jr. Also really like watching WHL now. The pro game has just gotten a little dull.

I did have the good fortune to have seasons tickets to my Oilers all through the 80's! Was present at all those great cups, Gretzky plays, Messier hits, Coffey rushes, Anderson driving to the net, Semenko taking care of business...sigh, those were the days!

Last edited:

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Excellent game. Too bad the refs broke up Howard and Crosby there at the end. I wanted to see Jimmy beat the snot out of that little punk. :thumbup:

Yea, Crosby showed his true character with the 4 quick cross-checks to Zetterberg's back as the horn was going off :thumbdown.

life long hockey fan. Played until I was an overage in Jr. Also really like watching WHL now. The pro game has just gotten a little dull.

I did have the good fortune to have seasons tickets to my Oilers all through the 80's! Was present at all those great cups, Gretzky plays, Messier hits, Coffey rushes, Anderson driving to the net, Semenko taking care of business...sigh, those were the days!

You had a certain netminder who was no slouch, either!

another almost lief long Red Wings Fan here. That was a pretty good game last night. I am just glad the Wings I know and love have finally decided to show up here at the end of the regular season. While Hank is by far my favorite player on the team right now, one Mr Darren Helm is quickly becoming one of my favorites. Once they sign him to that lifetime contract, I might have to pick up a jersey.

My Mom's side of the family is from Pittsburgh, so there is a lot of good natured ribbing between me and my aunt when the two teams play. Because of that I have always have had a soft spot for the Pens.

I've been a Wings fan since I was 8, the first game I went to with my dad was at Olympia, with Gordy Howe on the ice. :w00t:

We went to last nights game, it was great! We also have tickets for Wednesday and Friday's games this week. I'd hate to see their playoff streak end.

Larry

I would watch more hockey if it were televised more. :thumbup1:
I would also go to more games if they were locally avaliable

Sumo wrestling is on the tv about as much as hockey is in my area. :thumbdown

Started playing at 51 .....what a game ! I'm 62 and wish I started at 5 .... These kids today got it made ! Talk about a skilled game ! Anyway ' Don't Blink'

Top Bottom