What's new

All Natural Anti-Perspirant?

Is there any kind or brand of all natural Anti-Perspirant/Deodorant out on the market that works pretty well? It seems like the versions at the regular drug stores or grocery stores are loaded with questionable ingredients & a sizable amount of Aluminum (which is sometimes irritating to my skin & linked to possibly cancers).

I use an alum stick as anti-perspirant due to the same issue you are having. It has worked fine for me for the past 2-3 years.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
I have the same issue with alum and aluminum. Alum is aluminum and the claim that the "molecules are too large to be absorbed by the skin" has not been backed up and many other claim it actually absorbs into the skin even easier than aluminum zirconium. If you go to sprouts there are a ton of natural deodorant options. The only all natural one I have had good luck with and no irritation is Everyman Jack (or so I believe it is called). I have actually been using Menscience, though, which has been the most long lasting odor blocker I have ever used and is aluminum free but not all natural.

Married friends of mine swear by Arm and Hammer Essentials Natural Deodorant. They are worried about the ingredients in deodorants. This one does not have aluminum. I tried it on their recommendation but I find it irritates my skin and does not protect ME from odor being in South Louisiana. I went back to my aluminum anti-perspirant. My friends, however, love it and are quite active (Crossfit, bike riding, etc.) here in South Louisiana.

I have used/use Kiss My Face natural deodorant. Works well for me and has a good ingredient list. I have the unscented but it does come in a variety of scents if that's what you want/like.

Schmidts works great for me, I use the bergamot and lime one. Goes on a little grainy but your body temp will smooth it out.

Thanks for the resposes guys�� I live in Florida & I sweat with the high humidity here so just using an all natural deodorant isn't really a option for me. I'm just trying to search & find the best all natural antiperspirant that has the least amount of "bad" chemicals out there....

Antiperspirants usually have aluminum compounds in them. I am not speaking of alum salts. I have never seen an all natural antiperspirant. Lots of all natural deodorants around, but if you can find a natural antiperspirant, I'd like to know as well. Good luck.

Thanks for the resposes guys�� I live in Florida & I sweat with the high humidity here so just using an all natural deodorant isn't really a option for me. I'm just trying to search & find the best all natural antiperspirant that has the least amount of "bad" chemicals out there....

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Alum block is what I use and what I love: effective, inexpensive and easy to find anywhere. :thumbup1:

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Alum. I usually use the cylindrical stick sold under the Thai Crystal brand. Whole foods has it. When I am in the middle east I sometimes grab some of the cheap Indian alum blocks. They are like .50/ea. The Thai Crystal is $5.99 or somesuch. I can never remember because the darn thing lasts me a couple of years. I can't STAND scented deoderants. I find them absolutely horrifically repulsively nauseating. The deo smell is worse than the BO smell! Alum is very long lasting. It will never fail on you between showers.

Top Bottom