What's new

Acquisitions May 18 - 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I better study Achim's site to get more information! Meanwhile, my 30's Aristocrat might get a bump up by moving to a nicer case.

Thanks!

I just receive this ( buy on ebay) .

Im not sure about the model, it seems a new deluxe with a shorter handle , maybe a lady razor?

Very nice looking! I suppose its a Milady or a Tuckaway.

DL

Thank you , i've checked pics of milady and tuckaway , and the milady seems very close to my razor except for the head , so maybe i've got some kind of frankenrazor ,...

Anyway it shaves great.

Hahahaha I'm very glad you like it. I tried to say in the post that it looked way better in person. The camera just couldn't capture it though.
Hope you enjoy!
I just came home to Proraso ASB and 100 Gillette 7 O'clock Yellows...Very good purchase

Post-cleanup pics. of the DUX Old Type copy:

proxy.php

proxy.php

It cleaned up nicely I think.

Regards.

Jakob

Got a Brit. HD Rocket in the mail today, I god it very cheap at an on-line auction site.

Here is the sellers pic.:

proxy.php

Here it is after cleaning:

proxy.php

proxy.php

It cleaned up very nicely. Only fault is that the head is loose, changing the blade takes some care, but once the TTO is tightened again there are no problems.

Regards.

Jakob

I purchased this Travel Tech from bbsupersport. Not only was it very clean, but it is an N2 which happens to be the year and time I was born, so you see I had to buy it, I didn't have a choice in the matter. It does not count as a RAD purchase.

Thanks Bill, and also thank you for the pack of Derby Extras you threw in. :biggrin:

This is a good week so far :biggrin:

Yesterday I got the box from Bornholm

Later a package from www.proshave.dk arrived:

proxy.php

Today I found a local store that carries the full Tabac line, naturally I had to add a puck of the shaving soap in bowl to my den. About time I get to try the fabled Tabac :001_smile

Regards.

Jakob

Jakob,

How do you like that Proraso splash? Its my favorite alcohol based splash with quite a menthol kick!

Picked this one up today, funny thing is that I have looked at this razor on 3 different occasions over a 6 month period. But never grabbed it because it is a mismatched set, Ever Ready case and Gem razor Today, I noticed that it was an open comb. This is my second OC Gem, the first one was un-usable because of a bad spring. Even Dr. Dave was unable to revive it, so it is now a display piece. Any one have an idea what should be in the case?

I found this Baton brand brush today at an antique show. I originally bought it for the vintage butterscotch handle, but I’m sure that the brush can be renewed with a decent cleaning. The bottom of the brush says that it was made from “Pure Badger.”

Steve

Jeep your RAD is serving you well. Your collection is coming along nicely :thumbup:

Thank you. I have been rather lucky finding some good stuff lately :001_smile But I seriously need more brushes....

Jakob,

How do you like that Proraso splash? Its my favorite alcohol based splash with quite a menthol kick!

I like it a lot. Much better than the Proraso ASB. Though I still prefer my Floïd.

Regards.

Jakob

I found this Baton brand brush today at an antique show. I originally bought it for the vintage butterscotch handle, but I’m sure that the brush can be renewed with a decent cleaning. The bottom of the brush says that it was made from “Pure Badger.”

Steve

I've had one of these (since PIF'd to a newbie friend) new in box with instructions.... This brand was distributed by Sears, Roebuck and Co.. "For a neat, well groomed appearance, use Baton toilet articles for men..."

Nice brush!

Got a Brit. HD Rocket in the mail today, I god it very cheap at an on-line auction site.

Here it is after cleaning:

proxy.php

It cleaned up very nicely. Only fault is that the head is loose, changing the blade takes some care, but once the TTO is tightened again there are no problems.

Regards.

Jakob

It's a beauty Jak...So how many razors do you have now 500?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom