Acquisitions May 18 - 24

Discussion in 'The Score' started by Suzuki, May 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suzuki

Suzuki Moderator Emeritus

Let's see the goodies you picked up this week!

2. This is a good week so far :biggrin:

Yesterday I got the box from Bornholm

Later a package from www.proshave.dk arrived:

[​IMG]

Today I found a local store that carries the full Tabac line, naturally I had to add a puck of the shaving soap in bowl to my den. About time I get to try the fabled Tabac :001_smile

Regards.

Jakob

Last edited: May 19, 2009
  3. Today was a good week.

Got a tub of Mama Bear's Aromatic Pipe Tobacco soap. (thank you Rigglet)
    A Fredric Reynolds straight(in trade for some dremel work :biggrin: )

My watch should be arriving today, will post pics when it gets here.

4. so, in yesterday's mail from West Coast Shaving:

200 Red Pack IP
    200 Crystal IP

TOBS Rose SC
    Institut Karite SC
    Institut Karite SS
    Musgo Real AS Balsam
    Musgo Real No. 2 (Oak Moss) EdC
    Dominica Bay Rum AS
    Pre de Provence ASB
    Proraso AS splash

and from a B&B brother (thanks, Jon):

Floris of London Santal AS
    Etro Vetiver EdT
    Floris of London Elite AS

and I don't remember whether I crowed about this when it arrived:

50 ml. bottle of Pen's English Fern edt

Last edited: May 19, 2009
  5. Left to right: Master Bay Rum, Jack Black Supreme Cream, L'occitane Cade shave cream (awful), C.O. Bigelow Barber black after shave balm, C.O. Bigelow shave cream, C.O. Bigelow pre-shave oil, Body Shop Maca root shave cream, Maca root wash off shave oil.

I really regret the Cade cream. I tried it yesterday with a new personna blade in my mekur barber pole. Tore my face up BAD, and I had to re-shave later because all the stubble that ended up getting left was irritating things further.

[​IMG]

6. I like the smell of Cade, but I would probably go for the soap, and it's pricey.

7. How about some Irisch Moos, Bull Mastiff from Cooncatbob, and a bottle of Floris Santal splash from Walter Sobchak (thanks again Jon). Also a nice fat handle Tech from some old NYC store.....don't think it ever hit water...

8. Floris Santal Aftershave Splash
    Proraso regular
    T&H 1805 Cream & ASB
    T&H Preshave Oil

9. Picked up this little tyke on the bay for $16

10. I hit the jackpot today...

Found in a local supply shop:

Master Lilac Vegetal
    Master Musk
    Osage Rub
    Pinaud Special Reserve
    Master Talc

Carries the full line of Master (including the gallon) products.

11. I LOVE THAT STRAIGHT! I want one, where did you get it from?

12. Over at http://www.rasagepoulin.com/

He has a lot of great stuff!

Cheers,
    Ken

13. Tuesday

Gentleman's refinery aftershave

14. Got this, shaved with it then when I took it apart for rinsing I cut the crap out of my thumb(head was stuck). I should have used a washcloth but I wasn't thinking.:redface:

15. To each his own, but you may want to give the Cade another try! My first attempt with it was average, however after adjusting the cream to water ratio ( I use a bit more of this cream when mixing than I do when using other creams ) it provides a very luxurious, slick lather and when used in combination with the Cade aftershave it has a nice masculine, woodsy fragrance!

16. I was tidying up a bit on Monday when I discovered an old bottle full of Old Spice Aftershave in a Lighthouse shaped decanter. It was given to me as a gift from my Aunt & Uncle some 25-30 years ago. They used to give me Old Spice aftershave every year for Christmas after I started shaving. I always thought it was for old men and used to give it away ( I wish I had it now :rolleyes:). I never said anything to them as I didn't want to hurt their feelings and thought the gesture was very nice and thoughtful. I was pleasantly surprised when I found this bottle stashed away, and was anxiously awaiting my shave yesterday (Tuesday) morning to give it a try. It smells great and still soothes the face. I wonder if I think it smells great because now I am an "old" guy! :biggrin:
    My Aunt passed away about seven years ago and I really miss her, so It was a nice remembrance to not only have found it, but to finally use the gift I was given so many years ago.

View attachment 51689

View attachment 51690

17. fantastic find - a great story & what a wonderful gift that was - for 25 years in the future!

18. scoopster

scoopster Moderator Emeritus

That is a great story. Thank you for sharing.

19. last stragglers in today....

From Shoplondons.com -

GFT Violets SS in bowl;
    tube of GFT Violets SC;
    T&H Luxury SS in bowl.

from dbay:
    50 ml spritzer of Pen's Hammam Bouquet edt

there.

I'm finished.
    Shave den is full; I'm stocked up for the shavepocalypse.

Bring 'er on!

(oh, OK... maybe one or a couple odds 'n' ends still to pick up.... gifts to get... like that.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.