What's new

Acquisitions for March 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just won off E-Bay, A gillette Mug (1930's ??), i hope it survives it's Trip to me...

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Two recent scores, both gifts (OK, kind of!):
1) Geo F. Trumper, Violet Cream, 200g bowl
2) Truefitt and Hill, Pre-Shave Oil, 2 oz bottle

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As soon as Jim posted the roundabout price and date of the B&B LE pen I went to Italianbarber and ordered: 125g of P160, RR King Louis Lavender & 888 Eucalyptus, RR Lily of the Valley EdT and RR AS wax. Then I went on westcoastshaving and ordered RR Classic shaving cream (because it'll only take a day to get to my house)

I felt like I had saved too much for the LE pen and had extra cash lying around soooooooooo new stuff it is! I guess I better change my sig :lol: :lol: :lol:

As soon as Jim posted the roundabout price and date of the B&B LE pen I went to Italianbarber and ordered: 125g of P160, RR King Louis Lavender & 888 Eucalyptus, RR Lily of the Valley EdT and RR AS wax. Then I went on westcoastshaving and ordered RR Classic shaving cream (because it'll only take a day to get to my house)
Nice! I just received these in the mail today:

$IMG_0500.jpg

Well I got these in the mail yesterday. Somerset era re-branded Simpsons for Geo. F. Trumper. A Chubby 1, 2 and 3 in best. They appear to never have been wet. I am liking them, but not sure if they will get used for a while. Got the three of them for $35.35. I think I did OK.
View attachment 229849

Well I got these in the mail yesterday. Somerset era re-branded Simpsons for Geo. F. Trumper. A Chubby 1, 2 and 3 in best. They appear to never have been wet. I am liking them, but not sure if they will get used for a while. Got the three of them for $35.35. I think I did OK.
View attachment 229849
That is an awesome score! Well done!

I was walking through a shopping center a couple of days ago and looked up in the window and saw a bottle of Floid Blue sitting in the window of a perfume store. I walked in and bought the 3 bottles they had on the shelves for 13 euros a bottle. They even had an atomiser. I am going back for the bottle in the window and some amber in couple of days.

Attachments

• $photo (3).jpg
    $photo (3).jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 252
I was walking through a shopping center a couple of days ago and looked up in the window and saw a bottle of Floid Blue sitting in the window of a perfume store. I walked in and bought the 3 bottles they had on the shelves for 13 euros a bottle. They even had an atomiser. I am going back for the bottle in the window and some amber in couple of days.

Man am I jealous!

Nice find :thumbup:

Well ... as discussed in the n00b forum - I'm basically only just now coming home to wet shaving. I've had a cheap DE razor for a while now, and only yesterday had a simple n00b's kit delivered -

A Colonal Conk 'pure' badger brush
A Colonal Conk razor/brush stand
Some EJ Aloe soap (just using a mug - that works for me)
And a Merkur HD razor -

proxy.php

I already had some Personna Platinums and some Nivia balm. I'm about to leave the country for a couple weeks, so I'll deal with trying some new blades after I get back.

Well ... as discussed in the n00b forum - I'm basically only just now coming home to wet shaving. I've had a cheap DE razor for a while now, and only yesterday had a simple n00b's kit delivered -

A Colonal Conk 'pure' badger brush
A Colonal Conk razor/brush stand
Some EJ Aloe soap (just using a mug - that works for me)
And a Merkur HD razor -

proxy.php

I already had some Personna Platinums and some Nivia balm. I'm about to leave the country for a couple weeks, so I'll deal with trying some new blades after I get back.
Thats a great photo of the Merkur. Do you think the country you are visiting will have some cool stuff to purchase that you cant get in the States?

Thats a great photo of the Merkur. Do you think the country you are visiting will have some cool stuff to purchase that you cant get in the States?
Thanks!

I don't know ... stupidly, I haven't researched the country thing. I'm going to New Zealand for a couple weeks. At least maybe I can find a nice shop while out and about in Auckland. Maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom