What's new

Acquisitions for March 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
and this old barber shop towel rack at the local trades day this weekend.

full

That is awesome. Are you putting it up in your bathroom?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am never lucky in antique stores.mainly because my area is loaded with antique shops and people who keep up with prices.shaving goods are rare to find in the sf bay area....I got lucky today and found a real gem.a very hard to find milk glass bottle of shulton hand lotion.the lotion is still inside,but is long petrified by father time....bottle and cap are in pristine condition.very heavy glass and I believe the cap is bakelite...$15...I thought it was a good deal,after all,when is the last time you saw one of these in any condition ?

it was 90% full,the top was solidified ,and the liquid below was broken down .the old spice scent had turned a little bitter,but you could tell it was the real shulton old spice scent...I have cleaned it out and will refill it with a homemade lotion of unscented high quality white cream lotion spiked with indian old spice a/s....

Just some stuff I needed.
Three 5 oz. tubes of Bigelow. A VDH bowl, puck and brush ( 3 bucks , why not?) Tabac, D.R. Harris Marlborough and Arlington, RS shave cream,8 glass bowls with sealing lids that I transferred the labels to. Col. Conk big puck, Speick cream, Ogalalla 5 pc. sample pack, 12 pack of Russian creams and balms, 100+ Voskhod blades and 25 Ladas, 4 Rolls razors, three in case with instructions, One Adoration green Bakelite brush, Old spice bowl ( no puck) with brush with ship and original sticker on it. One two piece Schick Kronos display pack all full with carton and 11 straight razors as follows

Union Spike, Jos Hollniger (2) One Barber Leader 4/8 Reynolds in tortoise ERN one piece ( taco shell type) scales, Dilworth Magnetic Imperial Extra hollow ground Geo. Wostenholm XL KB Extra W&B Beau Brummel Original Bow Razor Geneva Cutlery.
There are more soaps on the way as well as razors. I don't think I forgot anything.

Last edited:
T & H Shave Mug and 1805 Shaving Cream (T & H in the UK had the mugs on special - couldn't resist & provided an excuse to buy some shaving cream too - like I needed one!).

I Coloniali Shave Soap in a Terracotta Bowl (now you don's see that every day) and a tube of I Coloniali Shave Cream.

Love my Kent BK12 so I gave in and purchased a BK8 and BK4. Perhaps a little disappointed with the little 4 as on first inspection it appears to have little or no backbone at all! BK8 shows a lot of promise however. Now if I could only find a Kent B&B LE 08!

Last edited:
Just a couple of things I picked up this past weekend while on a couples retreat with my wife. Found the Elixer Black at the Bath and Body Works in Knoxville, TN. The local one hasn't had it in quite some time. Wife loves the scent. :thumbup:

The razor and brush were found at a neat antiques mall in Greeneville, TN. The brush was $1 and I thought it would make a neat restore. The razor was $15 and seems to be in good shape for a restore. The blade had even hone wear but one scale is split at the pivot. Oh well, I make knives so making some new scales should not be too difficult. The razor is a "Karnak More Co." made in St. Louis.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Was a great weekend.

Charlie

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom