Acquisitions for March 2011

Discussion in 'The Score' started by oversaturn, Mar 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. For a good start of the month, and with the help of a Spanish friend (MUCHAS GRACIAS JDIAZ!), here it goes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Two La Toja bowls, one for me and another one for the fellow Islander!
    And two La Toja sticks and two samples from Trumpers as a personal gift from him!

JDIAZ, YOU ARE A TRUE GENTLEMAN! MUCHAS GRACIAS! :thumbup:

2. I just got this razor in, it.s a 300 Winchester Magnum Bullet with a DE razor head attached. I got it from Rick and Karan over at www.bulletdesigns.com . It makes a nice addition to my own gun related shaving gear.:thumbup:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  3. Becareful. You do not need to shoot off your fingures when shaving. Looks nice!!!

4. HaHa, yea there is no powder or primer in there. Perfectly safe:thumbup1: Well maybe not to the TSA :ohmy:

5. Just picked up this monster the other day. I think its gonna be a nice one when its done.

Attached Files:

6. This is my first attempt at a restore. I stacked the washers to try and get that bullseye look but now I regret it, didn't work out exactly as I thought. Overall though I like it and it is my favorite shaver.

7. Got some Cella and a Klar Kabinett brick

[​IMG]

8. First acquisition for March are these Vie-Long brushes (arrived yesterday and no time to try) ordered 2 weeks ago from giftsandcare.com. Silvertip and 2 band in Olive wood.

9. Looks like the razors are starting to appear out of the wood work down here again.

Haven't been to this shop since 9/6/2009....... ( Don't ask how I know that exactly ).

Found this :thumbup1:

British Red Tip Rocket............

Meets two of my criteria, Brit and TTO ( no case ) :001_smile

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Looks like it should clean up really well.

10. Walked past (that was what I intended) AVEDA store today and by accident came out with their "new" AVEDA men Pure Performance Shave cream...

No idea if its any good though - seems to be able to biuld a lather..

11. Nice!, I didnt know that version of Red tip existed. I want one now to sit next to my U.S. Red tip.

12. Hooray, the mail man stopped by. What a way to start the month with my second acquisition already. Just glad SWMBO wasn't home or she'd be hitting me up for a new handbag!!!

Feather AS-D1
    Feather Artist Cub DX

13. There's the red tip rocket and a British red tip superspeed. (Non retracting TTO) so there's actually two more for you to look out for. :lol:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  14. Just came in from UK about an hour ago.

[​IMG]

15. What? You got shops that have got vintage razors appearing out of the woodwork. In Tassie? WA really is a backwater. I'm sulking again.

16. Been a bit of a drought down here at the moment though I must admit my searches haven't been as extensive since my RAD has subsided substantially ( rather than once a week, my revisits have gone to once a month or in this case once every 9 months )

But found this and a #21 in the last couple of weeks. :blushing:

17. Awesome red tip fidgit!

I'm having a good start to the month as well. Case yesterday, razor today.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2017
  18. Nice! I was going to bid on that one (I'm pretty sure I saw it on eBay), but that rust over the tang stamp worried me that you would lose a bit of the makers mark.

I see I was wrong. Nice Score!

19. [​IMG]

I guess the best way to learn to restore brushes is to just jump right in...

I'm guessing tgn and larry are gonna love me when I start ordering knots....

20. That is the one razor that I just cannot find. I am so jealous :glare:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.