What's new

Acquisitions for July 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow Awesome box, We all need one like it so we can hide the goodies from the wife, Seems the Previous owner went to the extreme to hide from the Wife, Well you have to do what you have to do LOL

I can't hide stuff from the wife. She gets the mail!

Nifty box!

P

Pjotr

Preferably in one monthly thread. Seems to have become a bit disjointed lately with everybody posting threads. I like seeing what people have been getting but don't particularly want to go through 20 odd threads to do so.

Preferably in one monthly thread. Seems to have become a bit disjointed lately with everybody posting threads. I like seeing what people have been getting but don't particularly want to go through 20 odd threads to do so.

its just a thread with one common interest, but other related shaving comments are also welcome to some extent.

In the first picture I think it's a Slim on the left and on the right is a super adjustable. I think the smaller DE is a travel Tech but I'm not sure.

Don't know the maker of the straight razor but that's a guard you out on the blade to reduce the chance of cutting yourself (I think). Think they were mainly for people with mental difficulties. I know I've read that somewhere but whether or not that's true, I don't know. So don't take that as truth until someone more knowledgeable on the subject chimes in.
wat he said^^^^^^^^^^

Yes its Super Clean i was pretty shocked myself, from what i can see with my naked eye it does not appear to have been every used, Hefty piece for sure.

Hit the local flea market yesterday morning, not really expecting much of anything. Much to my surprise, I snagged a nice Ever-Ready 100 blue-and-ivory brush for restoration and reknotting. Pretty pleased with it for only $1.00 (I didn't even try bargaining at that price!). A couple of vendors down from the brush guy, I found three old safety razors...a pre-WWII Fat-handle Gillette Tech, a no-date-code 1940s Gillette Super Speed, and a short handled (travel?) Gem SE. Each was marked $5.00, but I got the three for $10.00. They were all in excellent condition, with no brassing, major scratches, or significant wear.

Always fun to find local goodies. The Ever-Ready brush is already cleaned, de-knotted, and waiting for delivery of a new badger knot, and the three razors are cleaned, polished, and ready for shaving.

So far a Gold Gillette Z4 I believe, C. O. Bigelow cream and two Bigelow colognes. Bed, Bath and Beyond had the Bigelow stuff buy 2 get 1 free, should have gotten more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom