What's new

Acquisitions for July 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty cool!

Where did you find that?

I went to a jumble sale and asked the usual questions and got the usual answer, however there was a lady standing behind my back that overheard me and said: "I have a strange box containing two scary looking straight razors. I would only be too glad to get rid of it since it came in a consignment of antiques wherein I was interested in an altogether different item." I got her address and paid her and her husband a visit and there it was and since the price was very reasonable I could not resist it. I realize that this is quite possibly the luckiest score I will ever make. To think, if the lady was standing a couple of meters away from me, this score might never have happened.

Nice score and congrats. I think the Gillette Tech is WAYYYY overlooked. It's one of my favorite shavers! Great find

Wow Awesome box, We all need one like it so we can hide the goodies from the wife, Seems the Previous owner went to the extreme to hide from the Wife, Well you have to do what you have to do LOL

Love The outcome, Brass & Copper Look is Awesome Wish there was a way to keep it looking that way and without the Smell of brass in your hand's , Brass & Copper Look is Hot Buddy :thumbup1:

Wow, Got my New Minty Hoffritz Slant, I have the Merkur one also nice and minty but have been watching Auctions for a Collectors Grade Hoffritz and finally snagged it, Paid a pretty penny for it, but Ive seen them go for higher then what i paid so I'm not complaining. As a Teen i was a Walking Messenger in the City of New York, and i used to swing by as many times as i could and just enjoy all the Fine Cutlery and Shaving item's in the Hoffritz store, at that time i didn't have much whiskers just peach fuzz to shave so i never thought of picking one up, but i sure liked there stuff. Well here it is for you guys to Enjoy took some nice pics Enjoy all.

Sorry i haven't been around much been a little Down these days :sad:

Attachments

• $Hoffritz Slant Germany Mint.jpg
    $Hoffritz Slant Germany Mint.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 327
  • $Hoffritz Slant Germany Mint (7).jpg
    $Hoffritz Slant Germany Mint (7).jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 327
  • $Hoffritz Slant Germany Mint (8).jpg
    $Hoffritz Slant Germany Mint (8).jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 326
  • $Hoffritz Slant Germany Mint (9).jpg
    $Hoffritz Slant Germany Mint (9).jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 327
  • $Hoffritz Slant Germany Mint (6).jpg
    $Hoffritz Slant Germany Mint (6).jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 327
Here are some more Pics

Attachments

• $Hoffritz Slant Germany Mint (2).jpg
    $Hoffritz Slant Germany Mint (2).jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 325
  • $Hoffritz Slant Germany Mint (5).jpg
    $Hoffritz Slant Germany Mint (5).jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 327
  • $Hoffritz Slant Germany Mint (3).jpg
    $Hoffritz Slant Germany Mint (3).jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 325
  • $Hoffritz Slant Germany Mint (4).jpg
    $Hoffritz Slant Germany Mint (4).jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 326
P

Pjotr

Looks like you took all the plating off of them and now they're shiny because you're down to brass.

Not that there's anything wrong with that......

How would Maas, scrubbing and toothpaste do that to the plating? Unlesss the plating is of very poor quality in the first place. I don't know what's in Maas but it would have to be pretty acidic to dissolve plating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom