What's new

Acquisitions for December 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
No picture yet, but got my Pelikan M800 with the fine nib today from Pencity.

Today I went to an antiques mall near where I work and found a nice NOS Schick Injector with a blue handle for $24! I can't wait to buy some 74's and see if they are as good as everyone says!

:w00t:

Last edited:
I finally found an Old Spice shaving mug, my first 'in the wild' vintage shaving purchase. Mint condition and had a full bottle of OS (the real stuff) sitting in it that set me back $8 for both. But after seeing some of these scores, I'm humbled.

1 antique store, 1 barber shop, and about $26 later....
1 Gem push button, 1 G-bar, an Ever Ready 200t, 1 G type injector (??), 1 I type injector (??), and some Col conk amber and almond.

Attachments

• $12-7-2011.jpg
    $12-7-2011.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 509
After trying loads of different razor blades, I have finally found my favourite, and ordered a box with 100 of them; Perma-Sharp Super (cardbox)
$photo1hem.jpg

The tube of cream is completely petrified,but the 18 bucks I shelled out for the talc and aftershave are worth the money for sure. This version of yardley aftershave is far superior to all other versions,and believe me,I love black label,but this is one truly magnificent splash....the talc retains all of its wonderful scent,and is just too good to be true,no caking ,just like new,nothing in the talc market today smells like this talc,it' s truly one of yardleys triumphs...

Attachments

• $zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzgtdhtki 365.jpg
    $zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzgtdhtki 365.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 475
  • $zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzgtdhtki 367.jpg
    $zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzgtdhtki 367.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 475
  • $zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzgtdhtki 368.jpg
    $zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzgtdhtki 368.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 477
  • $zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzgtdhtki 370.jpg
    $zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzgtdhtki 370.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 476
Gorgeous piece! Im working on getting mine.

Very nice. I have a Springfield 1911. I like it but I would love to have a Kimber. I like that type of sight that is on the Kimber. Compared to the one that is on mine the types like the Kimber has is easier for me to get on target with.

Joshua82, you're going to love that Kimber.I have the Gold Match and after 15K rounds or so I fitted a Clark Match barrel to it. It's my bullseye gun fitted with a red dot. It's a nail driver , same hole at 25yds. I also have the PO in .40 (16 rnds) that match the Nickel/black of your Kimber and also the PO in .45. Nothing like the 1911's. Have fun with it.

I also found this vintage Williams mug soap that I'm guessing is from the 1930s to 1940s. I've read through the Williams threads and know just how good this soap performs. I'll either sell it for as much as possible or keep it on my shelf of shaving history. :)

$Williams Vintage Puck 01.jpg$IMG_3833.jpg$IMG_3827.jpg$IMG_3831.jpg$IMG_3826.jpg

Went to a local antique store today. Picked up a fat handle tech and what looks like a ball end tech. Both had what looked to be original blades in them. I learned a lesson with the ball end. The handle was split down the center, and it was facing in the case. I SHOULD HAVE INSPECTED IT!! Lesson learned. Anyone have ideas on what to do? Either try and find a handle, or scrap the whole lot? I plan on selling both.
proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Picked these up yesterday ,, had too,, didn't have much in the way of Marbled handles in my collection. The Ever ready was a bit mauled,, but I figured I'd just polish it out. The small Green one is a Erskine and the Strong set is a brother to the blue/white one I restored from bare wood some time ago. I'm surprised I matched the pearly white so well without a reference.
The pens are an American fountain pen and pencil and the red is a Wearever. I also picked up a new Cross that isn't pictured here. A "friend" of mine got me hooked on fountain pens so I got these cheap to experiment on with replacing bladders, nibs etc. Yeah,, like I need another hobby to throw money at! Curse him.

Attachments

• $IMG_9798.JPG
    $IMG_9798.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 394
  • $IMG_9794.JPG
    $IMG_9794.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 393
  • $IMG_9801.JPG
    $IMG_9801.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 395
Here's an unusual Sohn Busch Solingen Traveler kit. A beautiful leather case with a great Bakelite razor inside -- unused and very cool.
proxy.php

With a cool polished metal mirror, and Bakelite galore.

proxy.php

What looks like ruffled silk is really a faux finish.

proxy.php

A great leather set with a cool slant razor from the Sohn Busch Solingen company, who once was into shaving kits.

Here's a cool commemorative from Gillette. 75 years had passed and along with the Levis company, they designed a belt buckle for the hard core Gillette fans. Was there a centennial commemorative also? Did anyone care then?
proxy.php

proxy.php

It does say "Levis" on the label here.

proxy.php

Nice hefty buckle. Is it time for a B&B buckle?!

Here's a cool commemorative from Gillette. 75 years had passed and along with the Levis company, they designed a belt buckle for the hard core Gillette fans. Was there a centennial commemorative also? Did anyone care then?
proxy.php

proxy.php

It does say "Levis" on the label here.

proxy.php

Nice hefty buckle. Is it time for a B&B buckle?!

Yes, it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom