What's new

Acquisitions 6 Dec. to 12 Dec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark, how does the new formulation compare to the old tallow one?
They've removed the tallow. Purely vegetable based now.

Edit: Oops.. Comprehension error!! (D'oh!
proxy.php
).. I really can't say because I never had the opportunity to try the old formula. However, I used it this morning. Made some comments on its performance here:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showpost.php?p=1678483&postcount=83

Last edited:
Nice Score!
Let's see a shot of the Yardley Bowl!

The bowl/box had some water damage (looked like maybe a sink dripped on it a bit) so I'm working on cleaning up the bowl. Fortunately the soap was untouched and yielded a fantastic shave this morning. Just as soon as I'm done with the clean up, I'll get the pics posted.

Yardley marked DAD... neat!

+1 though its sad to think that someone's child loved them enough to get them the Yardley and they just neglected it under their sink.

Brushes from the bay arrived today, can't wait to get them cleaned and re-knotted.

Left to Right:
Aristocrat pure bristle
Ever-Ready 100
Ever-Ready 350
Unknown rubberset
Made Rite pure badger butterscotch

proxy.php

+1 though its sad to think that someone's child loved them enough to get them the Yardley and they just neglected it under their sink.

If every Dad in the 50's and 60's had used the piles of soaps and the rivers of Old Spice they were given every year half the guys here would have no shave gear at all.

Merry Christmas to me!

X1 black tip (aluminum handle)
proxy.php

B2 red tip
proxy.php

G3 Aristocrat (doesn't he look... natural?)
proxy.php

Kent AP8 - to replace a BK8 I traded off... this from Judge Mental - thanks & thanks, B&B!
proxy.php

and... Blenheim Bouquet SC; vintage Wrisley Shaving Soap
proxy.php

the superspeeds are darned close to mint - from a private sale; the Aristocrat is mint (from dbay); the Wrisley from B&B - thanks, OneRand, thanks, B&B!

who can say what tomorrow might bring?

Jon

ADs - can't shake 'em.
Don't want to!

Last edited:
Merry Christmas to me!

X1 black tip (aluminum handle)
proxy.php

B2 red tip
proxy.php

G3 Aristocrat (doesn't he look... natural?)
proxy.php

Kent AP8 - to replace a BK8 I traded off...
proxy.php

and... Blenheim Bouquet SC; vintage Wrisley Shaving Soap
proxy.php

Jon, you're out of control!

Ain't it great?

Those are some great scores. I hope you're planning to shave with the Red Tip and not just "collect" it.

Enjoy!!

Jon, you're out of control!

Ain't it great?

Those are some great scores. I hope you're planning to shave with the Red Tip and not just "collect" it.

Enjoy!!

Oh, yeah - my razors are all for shaving. I used the red tip this morning, in fact - I had a bad shave, really - BUT - I had lost track of the number of shaves on this blade - I usually go two & switch - I think this was my fourth shave on this one. So I don't hold it against the razor at all.

I'm really looking forward to the Blenheim Bouquet SC (Shoplondon's was out of the fancy-*** jar, so I gots the tube).

I think I'll use my new big ol' Kent with it tomorrow, in fact.

Yah, uncontrolled ADs are pretty fun!

I thought my RAD was under control, but no! I just had to stick my nose into the local antique mall...

Rescued this nice little C-MON with felt sheath:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Went to Bellevue Square to see the new Nissan Leaf up close with the SWMBO. Fancy that, Crabtree & Evelyn is right next door to the Art of Shaving! I had no idea!

She picked some Rose pre-shave oil and shaving cream for herself, and I elected to try their Sandalwood pre-shave oil. Next door, C&E has a 20% off sale, so scored some Sienna soap in a wooden bowl.

proxy.php

My NOS Shulton Old Spice has arrived! I really harken OS to OLD MEN (No offense lovers of OS) but with Tallowate being listed more than once in the ingredients I just have to give it a try! Personally I think the scent is OK and definitely OK for a shave soap, but I don't think its a scent I'd want to wear all day. Tomorrow will be an OS shave!

Very cool, Rob!!!

DL

Like I said I don't think I could use the AS or Cologne (don't even own them) but as a soap I can rinse off after I had to give it a whirl. I picked up the NOS Yardley earlier in the week so this has been a week of NOS/Vintage soaps! :thumbup1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom