What's new

Acquisitions 22nd March - 28th March

Status
Not open for further replies.
some dark green bakelite soap container

full

now the problem is i need shaving sticks to fill them ,here they are

full

a dubl duck lapped 2side hone ,a tube of dovo white past, a gillette slim twist in need for a custom handle & a beat up aristocrat that i'm going to replate

full

and finally a brush that said "yardley"on it but it doesn't smell lavender it just smell badger

full

i got to stop:blushing: i promise :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just received in the mail a package from Fitjar Soaps in Norway:

* 1 jar of Neroli Shave Cream
* 1 jar of Fjellheim After Shave Cream
* 7 small samplers of shave cream in the following scents: Citrus Kick; Fjellheim; East Indies; Miklagard; Wild Thing; Calmomilla; Bee my Honey
* 3 additional assorted soaps from Fitjar's selection (not shaving-related)

I have a feeling this wekend will be an interesting one, as will be all of next week. I guess I need that much time to work myself through all of this

I've bought a couple of razors from eBay this week. The first was a Slim Twist, bought for £3 or so. I wasn't really attracted to the plastic handle, but I thought I'd check out what all the fuss over Gillette TTO razors was about.

proxy.php

It shaves really well, and I've been using it for the past few days, appreciating the mildness after mangling my face with an Old Type midweek.

I've been using a gold ball end Tech for a while, but it's a bit too nice for regular use, so I bought a nickel British made Tech for £8.

proxy.php

It needed a little cleaning - boiling water then our British version of scrubbling bubbles, and Goddard's silver polish on the top plate. I don't know if it's just me but I love polished nickel, even over silver.

The inside of the bakelite case was in excellent condition, only requiring a brief clean with furniture polish), but the outside was very dull so I gave this a good polish with Greygate's No 5 Paste which I normally use on bakelite camera accessories.

proxy.php

Just received in the mail a package from Fitjar Soaps in Norway:

* 1 jar of Neroli Shave Cream
* 1 jar of Fjellheim After Shave Cream
* 7 small samplers of shave cream in the following scents: Citrus Kick; Fjellheim; East Indies; Miklagard; Wild Thing; Calmomilla; Bee my Honey
* 3 additional assorted soaps from Fitjar's selection (not shaving-related)

I have a feeling this wekend will be an interesting one, as will be all of next week. I guess I need that much time to work myself through all of this
:drool: I will be ordering Fitjar cream sometime soon.

I got these two from a flea market a few hours ago.

As you can see, one is smaller than the other. The little guy on the left was $4.99 and the one on the right was $5.99. :thumbup:

Here's another picture of them.

The bigger one (needs a bit of cleaning up).

Grand Turk Salem.

a dubl duck lapped 2side hone ,a tube of dovo white past, a gillette slim twist in need for a custom handle & a beat up aristocrat that i'm going to replate

full

I believe that's a Knack. I don't think the Slim Twist had a metal handle end.

Ah I wish that I had gotten to this estate sale when they first started. I feel like there were some gems I would've found had I gotten there right at the start. I could've grabbed an injector razor too but haven't had any inclination for that yet.

I almost missed the Old Spice bottle! :scared: Luckily I did see it. I couldn't pass up the Avon AS Brush Bottle as it was too awesome. And the Avon Leather AS smelled pretty good, and was nearly full and dirt cheap, and I liked it so I grabbed it as well.

I still have quite a few bottles with aftershave inside it that I just haven't touched in all these years from garage sales. Should start using them. And maybe give that brush a whirl to see how it lathers! :tongue_sm

They're Robert Williams custom handles made of blue marbled acrylic.

thanks ,i'm impress by his work ,his detail station is something ,nice gallery too .

I believe that's a Knack. I don't think the Slim Twist had a metal handle end.
according to mr razor website it's a slim twist :
here & mine is like this one but it is stamped germany P 1 so i think 1st quarter of 1995 it makes sense to me .

rule #1 check mr razor website when you need an information on vintage gillettes almost everything is there :wink2:

your pipe stand is a nice thing ,i'm into make a wall hanger like this to hold both the straights & the DE razors, the top will be from glass or plexiglass and the bottom from wood depending of the price they ask for the custom job (the holes in the glass).

Last edited:
I've just had an offer accepted on a gold New Standard. I've got a silver New Standard, a silver Bostonian and a silver Richwood. I just couldn't crack it for a gold one until now.

proxy.php

Every spring the town of Round Top, TX (pop. 77) hosts an antique fair that lasts for about two weeks. Apparently this is the largest show in the U.S.? Vendors from around the country come here to set up shop and hawk their wares, from very large pieces of furniture to the tiniest bracelet charm.

Actually, there are several small towns along Highway 237 involved including Warrenton, Carmine, and Shelby. There is a two mile stretch of the highway where vendors set up shop in open fields. Wall to wall stuff. It would take the full two weeks to visit every one of them.

SWMBO and I arrived there yesterday at 8:30 AM and left at 6:00 PM. We parked the truck at Cole's and started walking west, visiting the booths on the south side of the highway. Around 1:00 PM we had lunch and turned around to head back to the truck, this time stopping at all the booths on the north side of the highway. While we probably walked 4-5 miles during the day, we only covered about a 500 yard stretch of the highway. I'm serious, this show is HUGE!!

So anyway, I scored BIG!! :thumbup: I spent less than $300, including lunch and beers.

All pics are "as found" condition. I think I'll be doing some cleaning today.

First up, the software - two bottles of original Shulton OS cologne and one bottle of AS, each 80% - 90% full. They still smell great! Another OS mug with vintage soap (my 3rd) and another bowl of vintage Yardley (my 2nd) which is about 50% used.

full

full

full

full

I also scored a few Gillette TTO's - Slim I3, Fatboy E3, SS TV Special D2 and a British flair tip. Also a cased Milord

full

full

full

These two Ever Ready SE's were $10 each. I believe they are lather catchers?

full

full

full

full

Here's an interesting 2-pc slant branded Pomco. Has anyone seen one of these before?

View attachment 95885

View attachment 95886

View attachment 95887

View attachment 95888

Another Swaty and some really cool straights!

full

full

full

full

full

I'm pretty sure the razor and coffin are mismatched. There are no markings on the tang. The scales are in decent shape and appear to be horn.

full

full

And last but not least, a very pretty looking Gevoso. Blade measures a little over 7/8, scales are in great shape, pins are tight and the blade centers well in the scales. The spots on the edge are dirt, not rust. There is hone wear on the toe.

full

full

full

full

WOW! Those are some excellent finds. And I will have to make the inevitable statement - Quite the example of highway robbery! Nice work!!!

There are no shops. It's like this big gypsy antique fair comes to town. aside from the VFW hall and this large red barn, everyone is set up in tents.

I finally connected the dots and edited my post. And then learned good friends attended it this weekend (for furniture). Is it still going past today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom