What's new

Acquisitions 22nd March - 28th March

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys.Now the next question is do I push my bad luck restoring these brushes or send them off for someone else to do it?

so would I.... with some pointers from Mr. Scuffy I reknotted a Century wine and white colored handle and it came out GREAT

Thanks guys.Now the next question is do I push my bad luck restoring these brushes or send them off for someone else to do it?

Sorry guys I had one too many words in my previous post.What i should have said is, Now the next question is do i push my luck in restoring brushes or send them off for someone else to do it.I had a post in another thread regarding quality replacement knots that is confined to me.Hence the reason i made the first statement.I'm just thinking out loud here because if I do anything with them it will be a little ways down the road.On another point do any of you know any history on the strop, brush or razor manufacturers?

That is an amazing haul. My last visits have been very disappointing. Either nothing good is making it's way in to the shops I go to or it gets cleared out before I have a chance to clear it out! :)

The "Erskine k150 transparent butterscotch handle" is beautiful. I would be very tempted to send that one off for sure.

Very nice stuff! And the Hull Pottery with soap and paper on the soap? I just do not live in the right place!

congrats!

-jim

Today's impulse purchase was a tube of L'Occitane 'Cade' shaving cream.
I am actually waiting for a package of Fitjar Soaps and Creams from Norway with 7 samplers and some more normal-sized of their various SCs and other assorted products which I've ordered last week but which have not arrived yet. Therefore, and I am only assuming here, I am a bit itchy today and eager to try out some new stuff, hence today's purchase. :w00t: And I am most definitely looking forward to testing this new cream tomorrow morning, even though I have read the reviews of not-so-impressed fellow wet shavers.

I've scored myself a humidor from eBay Australia.

proxy.php

I especially liked this one as the hygrometer dial is on the outside so you don't need to keep opening the lid to check the humidity level.

I'm looking forward to stocking it when it arrives.

Three overnight scores. All off the bay.

Silver and red cufflinks.

proxy.php

An IWC black leather travel case for the new IWC watch when it's not on my wrist or in the winder.

proxy.php

proxy.php

and lastly, I continue to feed my addiction to lime scented products with some Floris lime, lemon and mandarin bodywash.

proxy.php

Just bought these at the local pet store. $1.00 each. About 8" across. The part that looks like a bone is rough, which I think will help lather. The outside is gritty, so there is positive grip in addition to the base that flares out.

Last edited:
I've been a member of B&B since I believe the 17th of this month. I got my first shaver a couple days after. I started off with one shaver a Merkur HD and I'm now at a total of 13 shavers! I think it's safe to say I'm hooked :laugh:. This is my latest score! It contains a pretty mint Aristocrat, a Gem, and to be quite honest I'm not sure what the others are called I just know they are all Gillettes. If anyone can give me their names and dates that would be great (I'm a newbie). :blushing:

Just yesterday I stopped into a local antique store and found a pretty good supply of old razors. There were a few single edge razors that were a bit too pricey for the condition they were in but I got these three for a steal. The Gillette and GEM were $3.00 each and the Ever Ready was $3.50. Please excuse the pictures, I'm working on making them look a bit better than I'd usually fare with my point and shoot. :blushing:

Here are a couple group shots

First up is the Ever Ready. In very nice condition.

Next up is the GEM Micromatic. I believe it's one of the rarer "bullet" handle models. This picture really shows off the scratches on the head. Yikes. :blushing:

Last is the Gillette. I believe this is a New Standard but I could be wrong. Any help identifying it?

Also I thought I'd add this here since it's an acquisition of sorts. Old Spice came out with four new deodorant scents on the 15th of this month and I picked one up yesterday. I got the "Matterhorn" scent. I've only used it once (today), but for what it's worth the smell is pretty nice. Just lettin' ya'll know. :lol:

Enjoy the bullet tip! I have one that I absolutely love and am thinking about having replated to give it a place of honor.

Here's a nice eBay score that I picked up a few minutes ago. A respectable looking, cased Diplomat. I made the seller an offer he couldn't refuse.

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom