ACK, getting caught up in shaving...

Discussion in 'Double Edged Razors' started by NickedUp, Jul 23, 2009.

1. This forum is dangerous! I'm an audio engineer, musician, writer, cyclist, and foodie, so I've already got an apartment full of stuff. I bought a Merkur HD a while back and have been pretty enamored with it, but within 24 hours of reading this forum, I've got a Gem Junior and a black-tip 60s Gillette Super Speed on the way to me, and I've only just begun to get into creams/etc...

I got so annoyed with an underwhelming shave soap I had (forgot the name) that I've been shaving sans product in the shower... It works but not a "pleasant and envigorating" experience, by any means.

Anyway, I'm psyched on trying out the SE experience and the awesomeness of old Gillettes...

Thx for all the data, gents! :biggrin:
    -NickedUp

2. Gruder

Gruder Moderator Emeritus Contributor

Hey, it could be fountain pens, or guns, or cars, or...:biggrin:

Welcome to B&B -- enjoy!

3. Welcome to B&B! Hopefully some time spent browsing these forums will help you no longer resemble your nickname (yes, I said it). :biggrin:

4. Yeah, this place is dangerous! I joined about a week ago and can't stop looking at razors. It's crazy, but fun. :biggrin:

5. Welcome aboard, Nicked! As a devoted razor historian junkie, fellow foodie, former writer (one of these days I will get my life back and delve back into that realm) and collector of all tangible and intangible, I understand!

Guido

6. Congratulations, and a hearty welcome to B&B, where you can let your addictions run amok and still have money left over for rent and food...

Maybe.

7. Oh this is an addiction to be sure! I am getting hooked on various shaving creams. I have at least settled (for the time) on a razor blade. Now I am working my way through some shaving cream. Next on my list will be razors and after shave creams and lotions :frown:

8. Be prepared for this new "hobby" to keep you poor.

Welcome.